★★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. I had just moved my character over to the daily challenge board after first log in of the day.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15/05/2019 19:06
Summarize your bug The game crashed to desktop within a minute of logging in. I barely had time to move my character past the daily activities board.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know but being that I edit in premiere on my computer in Premiere I highly doubt this issue is isolated to my PC.
What happens when the bug occurs? Crash to desktop no error reported.
What should be happening instead? The game runs super smooth.

Hey I know you guys are busy.  This is probably my 8th individual bug report, I've chimed in on countless others and also helped solve some.  Is there a plan to acknowledge any of the active bugs?  Reporting these issues with absolute radio silence is getting frustrating.

Message 1 of 5 (271 Views)

Re: Anthem crashed to desktop ~1 minute after loading character

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Moodle33 

Are you using an HDMI to DVI converter for one of your displays? Check if disconnecting that monitor has any effect.

There are multiple Windows Update failures in your Dxdiag report. See if you can get those updates completed and let us know if that helps you, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 5 (237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank you! I’ll take a look when I get home tonight.
Message 3 of 5 (189 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

In case you are using an SSD try moving the game to a HD. A dev post some months ago said that ssd's can cause crashes.

If you are using Windows you can also check your event manager for error messages.

Btw I´m using a HDMI to DVI converter because my screen is foggy when using my monitors HDMI input.

I have experienced no downsides anywhere using that converter.

Message 4 of 5 (172 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah I guess one thing I should have put in there was I have 400+ hours of gameplay. At times it seems that I'll have great stretches for reliability and other times it is not that great.

Sleepwalker I appreciate the additional input I'm not sure I'm willing to trade game loading speed for reliability. I have the game on NVe M.2 right now and it makes the loading seem bearable, I'm not sure I could go back to an actual spin disk drive.
Message 5 of 5 (127 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help