by anigmar

Original Post

Anthem accessibility problems

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: Anthem
How accessible is the current experience? Annoying, but OK
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Dialog choices are performed by holding down the correspondent key/button. Mouse support to dialog choices would be much better. Also for controls I would like to use a combination of keys (like shift+something) to reduce the number of needed keys because 35 different keys+mouse buttons is a bit too much. Interactions for item activation or resource gathering require holding down all the time for too long. No Field of View option causes motion sickness.
How is this making it more difficult? During dialog holding down a key is too exhausting for my hands. The game relies on very long hold down times for everything, and causes severe strain in muscles.
How can we reproduce this experience? Go to any dialog choice, you can only use predefined keys.

For Dialog choices please make the choices selectable with mouse.

For controls, allow rebinding key combinations to actions like shift+key/button or z+key/button.

Reduce the overall time you have to hold down keys for looting/interacting or make an option to adjust it.

Add a Field of View setting.

Message 1 of 1 (1,934 Views)