Original Post

Anthem: NPC Conversation Bugs

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01/03/19
Summarize your bug Currently having multiple issues regarding NPC dialogue including Brin (After the final bit of her missions), Dax, and Matthias. Theres already multiple reports on the Matthias bug where theres a visible conversation marker that disappears, turning gray when you approach the building. The other two appear but when you approach them the bubble is not present and disapears completely. Additionally Nadira from the Leyton and Nadira conversation line which I have finished is teleporting to random locations in town.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown cause so duplication random at best
What happens when the bug occurs? You are unable to complete conversation lines that might impact challenges and more.
What should be happening instead? Conversations should showing up with ability to interact with the prompt and Nadira shouldnt be warping around town.

There is very little i can include other than the bugs are all near or after endgame.

Message 1 of 62 (14,694 Views)

Re: Anthem: NPC Conversation Bugs

★★★ Novice

Hi, I don't know if this helps but when I was in the room with all three Matthiases, they were separated and had dialog marks above them, it was bugged and didn't trigger properly, so I waited a little bit, standing there idle and when I came back from toilet, they were suddenly standing all together and at least I could have continue the Raban Maur's quest line. I hope this helps a bit...

Message 2 of 62 (14,557 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue here, minimap and the large map shows i have conversations with them, but when i get close it disappears and i cant talk to them

Message 3 of 62 (14,503 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here. This happened somewhere after they got separat and I fixed Matt being "jelly". Same thing where you pick up freelancer contracts. The woman across from Haluk.
Message 4 of 62 (14,434 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here. Dax's bubble pops up then disappears completely.

I completed the dawn shield before doing the Matthias story as forgot I had it still to do. 

So now Haluk and Faye are stood near my javalin and after every mission (which I now have to launch though launch bay) there's a speech bubble on the spot Baulk normally stands that goes grey when I go near it. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of dialogue as I'm assuming if i wasn't at point of no return on the main mission I'd come back after expeditions and talk to everyone as usual. But becuse they decided to make Haluk and Faye stand elsewhere to start the final mission for some reason, I can't do anything else with them now. Surely we could start the final mission some other way that didn't mean permenantly locking out interaction with 2 npcs. 

No Idea why dax is bugged though. 

Also making us go through launch bay is so tedious. . Its just an extra loading screen to go through. 

EDIT: happening with one of the Matthias now too. Speech bubble dissapears. 

Message 5 of 62 (14,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having a thing where npc's vanish and reappear which often makes it impossible to get contracts from them.  Sometimes its just the dialog or contract bubble but sometimes its the entire npc phasing in and out.  I can't confirm that matt didn't do this to me before the last patch but brin never did until then.  I've also had a lot of missions not tracking properly when I do quickplay and anthem's game client not completing shut down (leaving a black screen) and forcing me to task manager it closed since the patch for what its worth.  Brin's bubble doesn't work sometimes but matt, all 3 of him phase in and out and won't finish dialog 8 out of 10 times if the bubble is even still there when I arrive.

Message 6 of 62 (14,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have noticed all conversations have stopped completely after Maral and Gunther's series of conversations. No more chat bubbles are showing at all any where in Ft. Tarsis.

Playing on X Box One.

Message 7 of 62 (14,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem with Matthias and Freelancer Jani.

Message 8 of 62 (14,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue happened at the same exact time. Only difference is I have the icon bubble but when I go to speak with them they just stand there and look at me. There is no conversation.
Message 9 of 62 (14,264 Views)

★★ Novice

Same with me. Ive been going back and forth to Matthias's house hoping that the conversation bubble will appear above his head.. but nope, nothing apart from getting missions to do from 1 out of the three of them, so i carried on a contracts n etc and now the same thing is happening with Dax. 

Urgh, what annoys me is that i like the story and these bugs just make you feel like your missing stuff.. 

I hope they address this soon because its hella annoying.

Message 10 of 62 (14,249 Views)