Anthem Hard Crashing my PS4 - Causing system file errors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. This has happened three times on my PS4 PRO and once on my non-Pro PS4. -When closing the game while I was at the Fort it completely hard crashed my console. -Game crashed when returning from an expedition and it crashed my console.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Currently happening
Summarize your bug This has happened three times on my PS4 PRO and once on my non-Pro PS4. -When closing the game while I was at the Fort it completely hard crashed my console. -Game crashed when returning from an expeditions or just playing a mission and it crashed my console.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Close the game or wait for it to crash while running on a PS4
What happens when the bug occurs? The console powers down and will not power on using the normal method of pressing the PS4 button on the controller. It is the same as if someone pulled the plug without properly shutting the hardware down or if the power went out in the house. Sometimes the button on the front of the console works, other times I have to unplug the console then plug it back in. Once powered back on the console displays a warning about not being powered off properly and runs a disk check. Then once the OS loads it displays a system error reporting page to send the error to Sony. I do this each time. Sony should have data on this error from multiple users. Then I can press the controller button and sign back in to the PS4.
What should be happening instead? The console should not hard crash while playing Anthem. No other game does this. It is bad for the hardware and could corrupt my data.

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. This has happened three times on my PS4 PRO and once on my non-Pro PS4. -When closing the game while I was at the Fort it completely hard crashed my console. -Game crashed when returning from an expedition and it crashed my console.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Currently happening
Summarize your bug This has happened three times on my PS4 PRO and once on my non-Pro PS4. -When closing the game while I was at the Fort it completely hard crashed my console. -Game crashed when returning from an expeditions or just playing a mission and it crashed my console.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Close the game or wait for it to crash while running on a PS4
What happens when the bug occurs? The console powers down and will not power on using the normal method of pressing the PS4 button on the controller. It is the same as if someone pulled the plug without properly shutting the hardware down or if the power went out in the house. Sometimes the button on the front of the console works, other times I have to unplug the console then plug it back in. Once powered back on the console displays a warning about not being powered off properly and runs a disk check. Then once the OS loads it displays a system error reporting page to send the error to Sony. I do this each time. Sony should have data on this error from multiple users. Then I can press the controller button and sign back in to the PS4.
What should be happening instead? The console should not hard crash while playing Anthem. No other game does this. It is bad for the hardware and could corrupt my data.

-The console powers down and will not power on using the normal method of pressing the PS4 button on the controller. It is the same as if someone pulled the plug without properly shutting the hardware down or if the power went out in the house. Sometimes the button on the front of the console works, other times I have to unplug the console then plug it back in.

-Once powered back on the console displays a warning about not being powered off properly and runs a disk check. Then once the OS loads it displays a system error reporting page to send the error to Sony. I do this each time. Sony should have data on this error from multiple users. Then I can press the controller button and sign back in to the PS4.

Message 1 of 8 (7,031 Views)

Re: Anthem Hard Crashing my PS4 - Causing system file errors

★★★ Novice
I had the same problem tonight I also got the pictures of it if needed i can post them. It's a shame.
Message 2 of 8 (6,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. When got it going again external hard drive data corrupted. Had to reformat and download all games again. 

Message 3 of 8 (6,509 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have not had issues as severe as described above but since owning and playing this game, I have had multiple crashes, spontaneous game and console resets. 

Also many many server issues and data connection errors although my Internet is fine. 

Should be noted for anyone watching this thread that the issue seems to have spiked tonight as reddit and other forums/platforms have ignited with people reporting the same problem, I believe the reddit post has upwards of 2000 up votes... 

Message 4 of 8 (6,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how can i get a refund? im tired of this game crashing on me... locks me on a black screen sometimes too

Message 5 of 8 (5,490 Views)

★★ Novice

It's now a month later and still no word on any fixes or even why it's happening. I finally deleted the damn game cuz I was sick of waking up my ps4 to see the corrupted data message and waiting for it to rebuild the database. Already had it corrupt a save file, i'm assuming cuz I might have left it running without closing application. Luckily it was an online only game so the actual progress was saved on their servers not the ps4. Still scared the * out of me though. Seriously this needs to be a top priority and be vocal about updates. I've searched and everything I find is over a month old. And of course they make it difficult to directly report a problem, instead always referring everyone to forums so the community can figure it out themselves while pr reps chime in to try to calm people. 

Message 6 of 8 (5,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The issue that was causing hard shut-down was fixed about a month ago, which is why you see no new comments. I'm wondering if you have an actual disk problem - these do things happen  - many a drive has died on me over the years.

EDIT: if your PS4 is still shutting down it may have other issues - have you give it a good clean? Could be just overheating.

Sorry, not much help.

Message 7 of 8 (5,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game still crashes I just got it a few weeks ago

Message 8 of 8 (3,618 Views)