★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce RTX 2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Anywhere the character could move (e.g. Fort Tarsis, Freeplay, during any mission)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.12.19 01:20 GMT
Summarize your bug Every time I move the character the FPS would drop from 50-70 straight down to 1-4, and the game would start to stutter very badly.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe if you try and launch Anthem from a laptop, (I personally use the HP OMEN)
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS drops significantly while moving in Fort Tarsis and fluctuates during gameplay and extreme stuttering begins and it is just unplayable. Loading screens also take an abnormal amount of time compared to before (previously loading screens were 30secs to 1 min max. but now it takes around 3-4 mins, also loading symbol at the bottom right corner would stutter/lag)
What should be happening instead? Normal loading time, no drastic fluctuations of FPS and definitely no stuttering.

As shown in the videos below, while moving during any gameplay, the game stutters and the FPS drops (FPS counter shown on top left of the screen) I could assure you that this stutter is not causes by the recording nor the quality of the video, but purely from the gameplay. 

This is obviously quite frustrating for me, as I've been able to play this game with zero problems since day 1 until earlier this week when the season of skulls ended. What's even more annoying is staff members at GAME stores are confused as well, they were also confident that this wasn't my laptop's issue, as I have been able to run it perfectly in the past; I have the minimum specs to run Anthem that was recommended; I have up to date NVIDIA drivers; CPU is at 40% and GPU is at 95% while running; also I am able to play AC Odyssey with no problems and stutters (which in my opinion is much harder to run).

I have tried everything in my power to resolve this issue by lowering graphics; lowering resolutions; updating drivers; looking online for people with the same issue (FYI so far I might be the only with this issue as on the internet people had theses problems on day 1 of buying the game); repairing the game on Origins; even reinstalled the game and the same thing would still occur. (It is also not my internet as my internet speed is 13MB/s) 

Please could someone review this issue, as it would be a shame to just stop playing this game. Because despite what everyone says about this game, I really like it and enjoy the ideas and the gameplay of this game (Also i made in-game purchases for armour packs as I prefer the aesthetic of Anthem over Warframe any day). It is also been almost a week since the Icetide was released and i still haven't been able to complete a mission, and as we all know it is better to start grinding those seasonal challenges early on. 

Message 1 of 5 (799 Views)

Re: [Anthem] Game FPS drops and stutters while moving

★ Novice

Trust me, you're not alone in this. Before this update, the icetide update i was able to run anthem on high settings 40-55 fps with rx 580 8gb, I7 2600 and 8 gb of ram memory.Since the last update it was just as you described, pretty much everywhere if i move fps drops and then those massive stutters kick in. I don't know if it's the icetide update or the latest windos update that did this,but i can asure you it's not because of our PC's. Both you and I were capable of runing this game smoothly before those 2 updates i mentioned above.Hope Bioware can fix this soon.

Message 2 of 5 (758 Views)

★★ Novice
@WintEr_SolDI3R94 Thanks for replying! It's good to know that I'm not the only with this problem. Really hope the fix this soon so we can enjoy this new season, cuz the new update looks dope.
Message 3 of 5 (719 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you manage to find a solution to this? I still have these stuttering after all this time. 

Message 4 of 5 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

same here. earlier the game was running absolutely smoothly. the current stutter is so great that game is not playable any more. I hope bioware guys find a quick fix or just undo the latest patch.

Message 5 of 5 (484 Views)