Original Post

Anthem Freezing at loading menu

★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Opening Menu, the first one when you boot up the game (Not the news one).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16.02.19 01:03 AM EST
Summarize your bug When trying to log into the server while playing on my 10hr trial, I get to the loading screen to get connected to a server and it freezes.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install anthem on a consumer side Xbox One, Pre-Order the 79.99 edition. Then access via EA Access to install 10hr trial. Once installed, play till you receive your first "Server Shutdown Error", then exit Anthem and try to log back in. You should be presented to the anthem loading screen where it will load to a point to say "Press A to resume"
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes and does not continue
What should be happening instead? Game should be loading into a server and presenting me with the welcome / news screen.

As I was typing this out and trying to get back in from turning my xbox off and back on again. The game froze on the BioWare screen.

My xbox has all exceptions needed for network communication, I can play destiny, fortnight, and other multiplayer games without issue.

Message 1 of 16 (3,728 Views)

Re: Anthem Freezing at loading menu

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue, it started during the mission where you collect the embers in freeplay. I was fightting one of the boss enemies running around and the game started freezing up then crashed. Now at the home screen of the game it just freezes i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but no dice

Message 2 of 16 (3,666 Views)

★ Novice
Same here. No audio in the main menu either
Message 3 of 16 (3,626 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue on pc - when that happens i do not re connect to squad to allow me to avoid the freeze.

Message 4 of 16 (3,621 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem for the last three hours of my 10-hour trial and even when I had the full game on the disc in my Xbox. Last night I discovered through Google searching that all you need to do is restart your Xbox. It solve my problem! While the Xbox is on and you are at the home screen, hold the power button for 10 seconds. It will turn off. Wait about 15 seconds. Turn the Xbox back on, and it will fix the problem. This clears your cache data, but does not get rid of any saved data. Everything I had from the 10-hour trial was still there, and the Xbox ran smooth! I hope this helps!

Message 5 of 16 (3,203 Views)

★ Novice
Same here I wanna play it with my boyfriend
Message 6 of 16 (2,863 Views)

★ Novice
And it's on release for me
Message 7 of 16 (2,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Had same problem, even after day one patch. No music would be present, loading cutscene to the main menu had horrible frame rates. Can confirm holding down reset button or clearing the cache of the console fixes it. 

Message 8 of 16 (2,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just had this happen on my one s, I went through setting to full shutdown and started console again seems to have fixed (at least gets me in the game)
Message 9 of 16 (2,672 Views)

★ Novice

After a huge update yesterday I am also back with load freezes. 5 times in a row now.

Message 10 of 16 (2,110 Views)
Twitter Stream