Anthem DirectX Function Error Crash

by AltaRoma

Original Post

Re: Anthem DirectX Function Error Crash

★★★ Novice

Back again.

Okay so this next fix, is similar to the first one I posted but it worked. You do everything the same except in Regedit instead of TdrList.. You go 64 bit, then type TdrDelay... You then set the value to 8.

From what I've gathered, the system will check in on the GPU every 2 seconds, so Anthem being intensive will at times be laggy in this department, the TdrDelay with a value set to 8 gives it 8 seconds before the system pulls the plug claiming fault.

Also, you will have to fix your graphics settings when you get back into the game.

I hope this helps.

Read this.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/application-blocked-accessing-graphics-hardware

Message 11 of 15 (984 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Rahhom, I'll give this a go

Message 12 of 15 (952 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@nitros280 wrote:

I've also got a DirectX error and my game crashes randomly. However, the error I get is different (see attached). Tried all possible troubleshooting I found online.. nothing worked.

This error suggests that my GPU is not installed properly but according to the dxdiag, no problems are found. I've tried re-fitting my GPU and I still get this error. I've also done some display bench marking; everything shows up normal there. My friend told me that it could be the PSU  not giving enough juice to the the GPU but I've got a 600W PSU so that's plenty! And I'm not even running two monitors! Another thing to add is that my other games (Ark, Battlefield1) work just fine.

I think it's a software (Anthem) issue

I am getting this exact error repeatedly today.

It happens when transitioning between screens; whether it is leaving a game or exiting the forge.

Message 13 of 15 (921 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did anyone ever find an answer for this, I am reinstalling the game at this point and trying it out again after being away for like 8 months, after getting to0 50% I attempted to load it and sure enough right when it gets to the start screen POOF the DirectX error shows up again ... all my software is up to date and I am using a 1080 GTX.

Message 14 of 15 (802 Views)

@Dono1338   this post is a necro from more than a year and a half ago.... You'd better create a new post with your specs and exactly what is your problem and what you did already to try to fix it....it will be easier for us to help you.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 15 of 15 (792 Views)