Re: Anthem DirectX Error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED)

by Dono1338

Original Post

Anthem DirectX Error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nVidia GTX1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. DirectX crash error during starting of game client.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.03.19 17:36 (GTM+3)
Summarize your bug After starting game client (from shotcut in Start menu or from Origin client, same error), instead of loading intro clips and so on, game client crashing and display error (see screenshot). After that, client closing. Reboot of PC sometime helps. Downgrading NVidia driver to 417.71 (clean reinstall mode) also helps.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install latest NVidia driver 419.17 (Anthem game ready) or 419.35.
What happens when the bug occurs? Client display error window, then closing.
What should be happening instead? Game client must show intro clips, then title loading screen.

Anthem DirectX Error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED)

Message 1 of 4 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just pasting my reply to sort of the same issue on Reddit

Just want to start this off by saying I'm by no means a computer expert and I have no idea if I did it right or not, but I undervolted my 1060 6gb.

I experienced the issues you've described and more since the demo, after a lot of troubleshooting and whatnot (went down a Livekernelevent 141 rabbit hole for a solid 2-3days) and noticed, using MSI afterburner, that my clock speeds went above 1800 closing in on 1900 every time I crashed. The stockspeed for my card is 1506 or something like that so I used MSI Afterburner Ctrl + f function and edited the graph to stay around that level and checked the force constant voltage have been enjoying Anthem since 😁

Now I don't have any techproof explanation of why this worked for me, but from what I gathered after my googling Nvidia has built in some auto OC to their cards that makes Anthem and other Frostbite games go haywire

Again, I'm a computer novice so do research on your card and the possible consequences before you attempt anything and if a computerwizz could jump in here and tell me off if I did something insanely stupid that would be appreciated

Message 2 of 4 (1,277 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tried that idea to play with Afterburner - it didn't help for me.
Message 3 of 4 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

Using afterburner on my MSI 1080 I set the power down to 80% and it seems to stop the game from crashing.

Message 4 of 4 (806 Views)