Re: Anthem Crashes to Desktop(CTD) after 1.4.0 Patch.

by Fanatic_Ger

Original Post

Anthem Crashes to Desktop(CTD) after 1.4.0 Patch.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB VRAM 8GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. This has happened in several places. Cataclysm Runs, Freeplay, Fort Tarsis walking around and in the Seasonal Store Menu. Alt Tabbing has proved to cause this more often than not but it has happened several times while just playing with absolutely no Alt Tabbing.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Frequently ince the 1.4.0 Update. Most recent September 5th, 2019.
Summarize your bug The game randomly Crashes to Desktop(CTD). I'll be playing the game and suddenly I'm staring at my Desktop or Origin with no error messages or crash dumps.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game after 1.4.0.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game closes abruptly with no error.
What should be happening instead? It shouldn't be CTD.

I had this same bug quite frequently before the patch before the 1.3 Cata Patch.

The patch before the Cata patch fixed it.

The 1.3 Cata Patch also worked fine, I only CTD twice within 230-250 hours of play.

Patch 1.4.0 hit and now I'm CTD quite frequently.

I have tried the following already.

Clean Reinstall of Origin & Anthem.

Anthem Repair Game.

Updated Windows and checked for any residual files that needed to be cleaned.

The only thing I have not done is Update my Graphics Driver to the newest one that came out last week. (I tend to do this on purpose since NVIDIA is notorious for releasing Bugging Update Drivers and my current one runs flawless on all games I play including Anthem up until this 1.4.0 Patch.)

Message 1 of 6 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As an added note I'm also noticing that whenever these Crashes to Desktop happen my Sound cuts out a few seconds before hand, so I am actually able to tell shortly before they happen that they are going to happen.

Edit - It looks like these last few actually made Crash Dumps.

Had to make it a .rar, contains 5 .mdmp files.
I find it funny these forums don't accept their own games crash dump file type.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 6 (728 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ronin_Volar The Game Crash to desktop, when i usw. the colossus Primer meleee,i Can reproduce it
Message 3 of 6 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've been exclusively playing Interceptor since 1.4.0 update but as I've said I've had my game Crash to Desktop literally standing in Fort Tarssis and another time while buying stuff in the Seasonal Store.

No CPU or GPU spikes or changes when it happens.

Edit - I decided to read my own Crash Dumps after figuring out what Program I needed to do so.

The Error I'm getting is Access violation - code c0000005 which means -

Exception code c0000005 is the code for an access violation. That means that your program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights. Most commonly this is caused by:

• Accessing a stale pointer. That is accessing memory that has already been deallocated. Note that such stale pointer accesses do not always result in access violations. Only if the memory manager has returned the memory to the system do you get an access violation.
  • Reading off the end of an array. This is when you have an array of length N and you access elements with index >=N.

Message 4 of 6 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Point Wohls be make Sense in my case, iM stacking the melee Bueb dmg on enemy 

Message 5 of 6 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

any fix am having the exact issue :/

Message 6 of 6 (455 Views)