Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? I was in a Legionary Mission during one, and then Tyrant Mine the other occurance.
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. During various gameplay locations
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 28:03:19 21:05 approximately
Summarize your bug The game just froze up completely, a Windows error then appeared on the screen and my system rebooted. During the reboot process my boot sequence in the Bios was then deleted. After correcting my boot sequence I was able to boot back into Windows. This has happened twice now and there doesn't seem to be any warning.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know, it has happened to me twice.
What happens when the bug occurs? Boot sequence gets erased. I get a no media found until I fix the settings in my bios.
What should be happening instead? Game play should continue as normal

Unfortunately I don't have any video of this occurring but it makes me hesitant to just load the game and play for stress relief since I can randomly loose any other work on my computer. 

Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem Crash Causes Boot Sequence In BIOS to be erased

★★★★★ Novice
Hi Kalya, that sounds bad, can you move it from your C drive?

I bought a 970 evo NVME to put Origin and Steam on it, a 1Tb drive on an Asus Prime A Z370 board. My OS, "C" drive is a Samsung 961 500Gb.

Personally I will never put games on the main drive in case this happens.

Origin and Anthem where the only things on the drive, formatted and set up correctly with +3500MBs on Crystal disk. After 17 days of playing the computer would not boot, but this was preceded by boot problems that needed me to click once on the 970 to get it recognised in windows.

I took it out and the computer booted fine with no problems, so I RMA'd it to Samsung Hanaro, who said dont put Anthem or Origin on the drive. Strange heh?

So I took an old 960 from another PC and have Origin and Anthem on that drive alone. Incidentally the 970 evo had 2.2Tb of data written to it in 17 days!!
Message 2 of 3 (60 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem Crash Causes Boot Sequence In BIOS to be erased

★★★★★ Novice
The other "Older Drive" is actually an 860 evo sata, not a 960, my bad.
Message 3 of 3 (59 Views)
Twitter Stream