Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem Connection Error Lost loot

by Wrathimus

Original Post

Re: Anthem Connection Error Lost loot

★★★★ Novice

Can we please get EA/Bioware to fix their servers that the main reason we're suffering all these connection issues constantly its been 3 weeks since the full release and they haven't address it at all. 

Message 91 of 111 (283 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi All,

SOLUTION BELOW

I'm not sure how you're all going with resolving this but after much hair pulling I've managed to get my game operating without issue.. aside from the occasional game bug that not related to the following.

I have a PS4 and found when finishing a a contract or free play at the expedition screen the game would crash out to the main Anthem menu screen (skipping the bag loot screen meaning I was unable to collect my loot filling the bag very quickly) reporting that I had lost connection to the EA servers.

I found when tethering the PS4 to my mobile I was able to play without issue and even bought my console into work and tested it on a Telstra WAN service without issue.. at this point I started to look internal Standard smile

I tried upgrade my Cisco router firmware, double/triple check firewall port forward / NAT / IP reassembly.. blah blah (Few hours later drove myself mad going around in circles.)

Now my DHCP settings on the router are pretty standard pushing the the router as the primary DNS server to all devices (The router then in turn performs a DNS lookup against my ISP iiNET if the router doesn't already have the query cached from a previous lookup).. This of course works perfectly for everything else including several PS4 games Destiny2 / APEX / etc. but not for Anthem.! 

The problem in the end was resolved by manually setting DNS on the PS4 (Could also be resolved by changing the DHCP server settings) with the primary DNS server of 8.8.8.8 and not use the router which performs a lookup against iiNet's DNS servers and in turn iiNET's DNS servers.

I hope this helps someone because it drove me up the wall.

Message 92 of 111 (281 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Happened to me a few hours ago... And no going to expedition and coming back does not fix it!!! I lost a legendary and I am forever salty. Totally pisses at this game that I love over this *.
Message 93 of 111 (267 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Did you try my solution above or was your dropout a one time dropout?
Message 94 of 111 (256 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Try my solution below your post and manually set your DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google), I want to know if this works for others.
Message 95 of 111 (255 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah this just happened to me. Completed a grandmaster tyrant mine and lost 3 masterworks. I'm super pissed right now
Message 96 of 111 (243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same thing for me too, on PC, after about a half hour. i loose connection, get bumped to title and loose the loot

Message 97 of 111 (242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

didnt work for me

Message 98 of 111 (241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have lost three masterwork weapons now... I can see what they are because it shows me as having started the mission to gain access to crafting them.

Divine Vengence (Really wanted this one too)

An Autocannon

One other assault rifle.

This is incredibly discouraging for someone who has limited play time.

Message 99 of 111 (203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a lot of connection issue on the PS4 and i tried a lot of things until 1 solution solved it for me:

Change DNS in PS4 network connection:

Primary DNS: 1.1.1.1

Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.1

Message 100 of 111 (171 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help