Original Post

Anthem Achievements not Unlocking on Xbox One

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Not a bug for anything in game, but related to achievements
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15/02/2019
Summarize your bug I have completed the game, many agent stories, many challenges, and loyalty missions and none of my achievements have unlocked. I can go into the challenge menus and see that I have completed the challenge, but my achievements on Xbox do not unlock.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete challenges related to achievements and most will not unlock.
What happens when the bug occurs? Achievements don't unlock
What should be happening instead? Achievements should unlock after completing related in game challenges

The amount of achievements that I have completed in game, but haven't unlocked on my Xbox are absurd, many, many other gamers have the same issues.  Hopefully, a patch gets pushed that will retroactively unlock all affected challenges so I don't have to restart completely.

Message 1 of 45 (17,294 Views)

Re: Anthem Achievements not Unlocking on Xbox One

★★ Novice

I am also having the exact same problem. some of the achievements have unlocked but many have not! All the achievements are showing as 0% and locked, however in the challenge menu of the game it shows i have completed the mission and challenges in full, meaning there is no reason for these achievements to not be unlocked. i have spoken to both EA and Xbox, in which both would not accept responsibility. Xbox said speak to EA and EA said to speak to Xbox. doesn't look as though this is being taken seriously as of yet but hopefully a patch will be done ASAP so people can look to 100% the game!

Message 2 of 45 (17,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Obviously it's not an xbox issue. I've had delayed achievements before and either reinstalling the game or resyncing fixed it in the past. 

The Fact EA told you to ask xbox is such a typical excuse. Players all over have achievements not unlocked but the ingame challenge Is checked off. If the proc for the achievement was simply patched to identifying what challenges are checked off they could fix it. But instead it is communicated to the server only when it is completed at that very moment . With all there server connection issues going on initially I can only assume that's why some of us have different achievements that have not unlocked. And they leave us no way of getting them unless we delete our entire save and try again. With such bleak endgame, the least they could do is fix that for achievement hunters. But the incentive to keep playing is just dwindling each day they refuse to reach out and acknowledge the main issues. 

Message 3 of 45 (17,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m missing the light machine gun challenge achievement. It’s completed in my log too 

Message 4 of 45 (17,107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I started trying to get achievements from challenges on weapons and first I tried - Assault rifles challenges - Assault artisan is not unlocking for me.

Message 5 of 45 (17,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Arcanist Loyalty 3 not unlocked for me on Xbox 😞
Message 6 of 45 (17,074 Views)

★ Novice

The Explorer: Academy Ruins achievement is bugged for me. On the Challenges check list for that area it shows that I am missing The Ring landmark, (which I have collected) and it even shows it as discovered on the map with the binoculars icon, and have the codex unlocked for it was in my journal, but yet the achievement won't go off and now the landmark is missing with no way to reset or re-collect. As an achievement hunter things like this are very frustrating. Especially when I went around the whole area 5-6 times before giving up to look up a guide to see what I was missing only to find out it's just bugged. 

This fix is higher up on my list seeing as it has an achievement attached to it but this game needs some major fixes. 9 out of 10 missions I'm in I have a quarter or less of what my Shield and Armor should be. One game I'll have 50+ little health bars and then the rest of the day 8-12 health bars, and on Grandmaster 1-3 this is resulting in a lot of 1 hit downs that seem unavoidable. And then you just waste embers on sigils to buff yourself for a stronghold or legendary contract just to have less health then you did without them..

Multiple challenges are not tracking correctly, but seeing how they aren't attached to an achievement I don't mind as much for now. 

I have just under 5 days of game play in Anthem already. 4 days 20 hours and 4 minutes to be exact and have been playing GM1 or higher since I hit level 30 and have only had 2 legendies drop. While I get the same 4 masterworks over and over and over again... Support gear just simply does not drop on Grandmaster difficulty, I have to play quick play on easy just to get support items to drop. And there are no Masterwork support items to my knowledge so I'm stuck at gear lvl 490 since legendary items never drop.

I could go on for hours, talking to my friends and other Anthem players from LFGs or just randoms it seems like I'm running into every single problem the game has. Which it sucks when you feel like you're the only one because those bugs never get fixed.

This game could be a lot of fun if I wasnt having so many problems. And 1 week in and the only update didnt even do what it said it was going to. Like getting common and uncommon gear from and Grandmaster 2 chest on the heart of rage is just too much...

Message 7 of 45 (17,030 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah completed game, but 2 of the weapon achievements for Marksman Rifle and Heavy Pistol hasn’t unlocked, but challenge has been completed. There is loads of gamers complaining about this on trueachievements anthem forum thread.

Message 8 of 45 (16,790 Views)

★★ Novice

anyone have any ideas how we can go about raising this issue with the relevant teams? as mentioned previously both EA and Xbox said they couldn't help and referred me to speak to the other which is no use at all! 

i have at least 10 achievements which are showing all as completed in game on the menus but they are showing as 0% and locked on the xbox dashboard. I have read several different threads on different sites in which hundreds of gamers are complaining of the same issues. I have retried playing missions in quick play and completed them in full and still no achievement unlock. i don't normally try to 100% games but this is really frustrating and can imagine many gamers feel the same and given the fact there has been so many issues with anthem I'm sure this is just adding to the reasons why people will soon be giving up with the game. 

Message 9 of 45 (16,739 Views)

★★ Apprentice

mine are cannon connoisseur which I suppose I could start new pilor and do on easy 50 kills on 3 autocannons. problem is getting one of each autocannon not like I can buy them at store. the one didn't drop till I was level 26.

the other is munitions maestro and 12 gear challenge I am not willing to do cause you need to get one of each of the 12 which some didn't drop like the autocannon till later in game and then you need 4 missions or world events with them equipped its a lot of extra work to do something I did already.  

Message 10 of 45 (16,701 Views)