by VetteC5RX

Original Post

Anakin is full of glitches and he needs a big buff

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Hello, EA. I really have a lot to tell you about Anakin. First of all, I want to say how unhappy I and a lot of the players are with the amount of nerf that Anakin Skywalker receives. He has received more than 6 nerfs in less than a year. Whenever you nerf, in addition to decreasing the damage he does and his stamina, you always "ALWAYS" make him completely buggy. Have you heard or practiced usage tests? Because it seems not. Sorry for all this frustration, but it is already ridiculous to see that Anakin always gets nerf and no patch patches and buffs on his skills. Problems and bugs: Heroic Might: The ability has been broken since last July, which you removed the damage multiplier from. Currently, the ability does not even cause 100 damage to anyone who is hit by it, and when Anakin charges Heroic Might to its limit, the ability does not cause 200 damage (Contrary to what reported by EA that says ability reaches 450 damage at its limit). The bugs of this skill are: Damage reduction that does not exist: Every time I use Heroic Might, Anakin does not receive any damage reducer (if there is one it is no more than 15% reduction. According to EA Heroic Might it should allow 90% damage reduction), leading Anakin to take all damage without being able to defend himself so that in the end the ability does not even deal 200 damage. Delay: The ability takes a long time to activate, I tell Anakin to use it without releasing the force. Every time I use it and I'm under 250 life I die, because the skill takes too long to be active; and even more without the reducer. Furthermore, when Anakin unleashes the strength of Heroic Might, at the very beginning it does not cause any damage to opponents that are not blocking, which in fact should hit them. Passionate Strike: Recently in January, EA nerfed this ability and greatly reduced the damage it causes. The damage currently is no more than 40 (while Vader deals 150 damage each way and another 150 damage around the lightsaber throw, totaling 300 damage that can be achieved by this Vader skill) on his first hit, and it looks like the second hit does just 20 more damage. This skill is rubbish, the range that was implemented in it restricts Anakin from having to stick to his opponent in order to hit it (At that moment your opponent already knows that you will use this skill and deflects); however, in addition, she has a huge delay and no longer has the best of the things that she had that was the opponent's overthrow. Retribution: I don't need to mention this one, everyone knows that this ability is full of glitches: Vader is immune to choking while Anakin is using Retribution; in addition to what other characters that should be hit by it are, leaving Anakin extremely vulnerable to being knocked out. Another factor implemented in it is the huge delay that Anakin has when touching the button that uses retribution, it takes 4 seconds for the ability to start; which should take less than 1 second. This hinders its use a lot, since in that time you may already be dead. Melee Deflections: Anakin has only 10 Melee Deflections instead of 14, which he had. You need to either leave him with 14 Melee Deflections or leave his life regeneration equal to Luke's, because Anakin is totally weak in fighting against Vader who has 14 Melee Deflections. Remove the Massive Strike stamina reducer: The insertion of a 25% stamina limiter in Anakin's stamina when using the "Massive Strikes" card, which increases the damage to his lightsaber to 150, which is normally 130 - which is really a reason for anyone to use that card to have such a small increase in damage that stamina is consumed in 1/4 of your stamina (Not to mention that Luke, Kylo and Vader have cards that increase lightsaber damage much more without taking the stamina out). He realized how much Anakin is targeted for damage reduction and stamina of his abilities. Note: Note that if you use Massive Strikes or not, Anakin's vigor is consumed in the same way, that is, the limiter was inserted incorrectly in Anakin and not in the letter. I hope you have the decency to pass this information on to the developers, because most of the time I get no response from you. For a paid game this is very disrespectful and shameful.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? All the time
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) All the time when i use Anakin
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Anakin in any game mode, especially HvV and use the Heroic Might, Passionate Stike and Retribution skills. It won't be long before you see the amount of bugs
What happens when the bug occurs? Heroic Might: The ability has been broken since last July, which you removed the damage multiplier from. Currently, the ability does not even cause 100 damage to anyone who is hit by it, and when Anakin charges Heroic Might to its limit, the ability does not cause 200 damage (Contrary to what reported by EA that says ability reaches 450 damage at its limit). The bugs of this skill are: Damage reduction that does not exist: Every time I use Heroic Might, Anakin does not receive any damage reducer (if there is one it is no more than 15% reduction. According to EA Heroic Might it should allow 90% damage reduction), leading Anakin to take all damage without being able to defend himself so that in the end the ability does not even deal 200 damage. Delay: The ability takes a long time to activate, I tell Anakin to use it without releasing the force. Every time I use it and I'm under 250 life I die, because the skill takes too long to be active; and even more without the reducer. Furthermore, when Anakin unleashes the strength of Heroic Might, at the very beginning it does not cause any damage to opponents that are not blocking, which in fact should hit them. Passionate Strike: Recently in January, EA nerfed this ability and greatly reduced the damage it causes. The damage currently is no more than 40 (while Vader deals 150 damage each way and another 150 damage around the lightsaber throw, totaling 300 damage that can be achieved by this Vader skill) on his first hit, and it looks like the second hit does just 20 more damage. This skill is rubbish, the range that was implemented in it restricts Anakin from having to stick to his opponent in order to hit it (At that moment your opponent already knows that you will use this skill and deflects); however, in addition, she has a huge delay and no longer has the best of the things that she had that was the opponent's overthrow. Retribution: I don't need to mention this one, everyone knows that this ability is full of glitches: Vader is immune to choking while Anakin is using Retribution; in addition to what other characters that should be hit by it are, leaving Anakin extremely vulnerable to being knocked out. Another factor implemented in it is the huge delay that Anakin has when touching the button that uses retribution, it takes 4 seconds for the ability to start; which should take less than 1 second. This hinders its use a lot, since in that time you may already be dead.
What do you expect to see? Retribution: I hope you decrease the Retribution delay so that the ability activates instantly after acquiring it and increases the time from 2 seconds in duration to 4, in addition to increasing the maximum damage by 50. Heroic Might: The ability must again have a 90% damage reduction and also have a much lower delay to be active. Try to leave the movement speed the same as Anakin had when launched. Heroic Might must have increased damage. Recommendation: When loading Heroic Might, the skill would do basic damage somewhere between 160 and 180 damage, and the damage can be increased up to 400 damage at its total limit, so the Ability would do damage according to the time Anakin wait to release it. Passionate Strike: Increase the total damage of the ability to 140 and insert the opponent's downfall, if the opponent receives both hits, and also increase the range of the ability to a few meters of distance, in the same way that it was launched. Take the Massive Strikes card's force reducer and return its Melee Deflections to 14.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Anakin needs bug fixes and increased damage to his abilities.

Watch the videos that show the bugs in your skills and how weak your skills are:

Message 1 of 8 (3,932 Views)

Re: Anakin is full of glitches and he needs a big buff

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree he's one of the characters with the most bugs in the game but you can blame how people play him in GA and CS for all his nerfs so I doubt he'll ever get a buff. They just need to fix his abilities. 

Message 2 of 8 (3,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AnakinSkywalker1 

I understand the frustration. As a Rey main I totally get you, because just like Anakin she only received nerfs since the beginning. However, this isn't the best place to rant. It's already hard to catch EA's attention with well crafted reports around here. Also, reports should focus on a single BUG only, so it becomes easier to understand, and also to grab the attention of other users that are suffering from the same issue. Putting multiple BUGs in one report will probably make it sink in the pages until nobody remembers it. The policy for reporting here is to search first, create a new one later. If you find another report on your exact BUG, you should add your voice there. Thing is, with such a title like this one, and a bunch of BUGs crammed together and permeated by a lot of rant, most people will not bother looking at this. And the best way to get things noted around here is to grab a lot of support from the community.

I encourage you to separate your BUGs into individual reports, and if possible search for them to see if someone else has already reported them before, and add your voice there. I'll gladly review your individual BUGs.

And for ranting, there's no better place to do it then the main forum: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/categories/the-next-star-wars-battlefront

You'll find lots of users that also rant about everything DICE does wrong in their opinion, myself included Party hat

Message 3 of 8 (3,808 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RogueZeroRendar
I understand. Thank you very much for the advice. I'll do more posts

I hope that EA hears me and answers me, because if I don't have any objects I will cancel EA Access
Message 4 of 8 (3,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anakin needs a buff he has been nerfed a lot to the point where he’s now one of the worst characters. At least buff his stamina as much as Luke’s stamina and make his dash as good as reys Then I believe he should be balanced. Please EA this is terrible how is a Rey and most of the other characters better than him now it’s ridiculous 

Message 5 of 8 (3,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And Anakin needs a little buff in blocking blaster shots like it should at least be good as Luke’s 

Message 6 of 8 (3,503 Views)

★★ Novice

He's literally still one of the best characters in the game. Like top 5 even with the bugs. He got nerfed so many times because he was extremely overpowered on release and still remains powerful after the nerfs.

Message 7 of 8 (3,437 Views)

★★ Guide

@4344535  I can’t speak for PC but on console he is certainly NOT one of the best or stronger heroes; characters like Luke, Han, & even BB-8 are better in terms of getting kills.

It’s due to multiple reasons but nerfs to Annakins abilities combined with other villain attributes makes him one of the weaker heroes. 

Annakin has high health but his abilities more often fail to register at all. Heroic Might will often either see Annikan stuck in the animation (without proper damage reduction) or a “quick” hit of Heroic Might will see zero affect done on your enemies. 

Passionate Strike now takes so long to “execute” that even the slowest villains can evade it every time and is now essentially useless unless your opponent is just really bad at the game. 

Pull Dominance is incredibly inconsistent; sometimes pulling the same villain a little bit or seemingly flying them for meters on end; making it hard to take advantage of the disruption.

All of this means that you can’t “rely” on Annakins abilities with any sort of strategy. He doesn’t have high dodge ability, he doesn’t have high stam so a saber fight is mediocre. I got away from Annakin and moved toward Luke as my hero main because Annakin is so poor and Luke is so broken.

Here’s my 2 cents on hero & villain choices with this broken game:

Luke: his high stam and fast movements make him often immune to opponent abilities. The game can’t resolve Luke in the space & time to match an abilities AOE so he often doesn’t take the affect if played well; this also contributes to better hit detection. This combined with his instant cast time abilities makes him a front runner hero

Han: he’s got very high damage and two un-blockable abilities; both of which works as a form of crowd control. Han can do so much damage in such a short time it’s easy to melt opponents (I’m not including Leia here as although she got a buff she has no crowd control). 

BB-8: BB’s small hit box, high dodge and high damage makes him excellent at getting kills; especially if you stick next to even one squad mate. Surprisingly BB is a solid match in a 1 v 1 against any villain opponent. BB has very few drawbacks. 

Kenobi: This one goes without saying; his high health regen, massive stam  potential, descent dodge rate, and  resistance ability make him a far better “tank” than Annakin. 

The rest of the heroes are ok but the rest have some significant imbalance that although they’re usable they’re not what you’d call “strong”; meaning they can easily be killed by a single opponent. As for villains:

Vader: This goes without saying; probably the only character in the game that can defeat an entire squad by himself; this guy isn’t a tank, he’s the whole battalion. Vader’s choke IS broken and often doesn’t register but even without it Vader’s high damage, massive health potential and damage reduction lets him plow through heroes. 

Grevious: Broken ... just broken. Grevious is slow but his ability recharge rates are stupid fast. Thrust Surge tracking is pin point and claw rush can be spammed and buffed with a card to do an extra 50 damage per hit after the first hit; given the high mobility of rush you can easily soak an extra 100 damage out of an opponent with one use. 

Maul: For the exact same reasons as Luke. In truth Maul is practically the dark side Luke as it comes to attributes and mechanical detections. 

Phasma: Arguably the dark sides best shooter. Unlike Iden, Phasma can stun multiple opponents at once which is a huge benefit; neither Bosk nor Fett can manage multiple opponents as well. Survivor giving bonus health plus damage reduction allows Phasma to dodge and manage off multiple enemies at the same time. The key with Phasma is the droid placement so as to give her cover options against hero shooters. 

These are, IMO, your strongest characters that can stand up to either type of opponent (sabers or shooters) on their own. Characters like Leia & Iden while good need support or they’ll be killed, even in a one on one. 

Message 8 of 8 (3,377 Views)