Allies outlined in red and marked as enemies on minimap

by PrimeNapoleon

Original Post

Allies outlined in red and marked as enemies on minimap

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug My minimap marks my allies as enemies, and in some cases they're marked with red outlines despite being, well, allies. Other than that, I can't see the directional red indicator that normally helps me locate enemies as it only appears when I'm around allies. Basically, the game is identifying my own team as the enemy.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PrimeNapoleon
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? It's been like this for a while, but I can't remember when it started happening.
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not a clue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Allies are marked as enemies, with scan darts or any other ability used to mark enemies as well as appearing as hostile on the minimap.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my enemies marked as enemies, not my allies.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

It's been like this for a while, and before it's even suggested, I have tried repairing the game and I have no intention of reinstalling the game just to fix something as trivial as this. And I do not believe this is a problem on my end.

Message 1 of 3 (530 Views)

Re: Allies outlined in red and marked as enemies on minimap

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The red outline is a bug as old as this game https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Red-Aura-Around-Friendly-Players/m-p/6650022

However, it has never been reported together with red flashes on the radar AFAIK.

But, there is another BUG about allies making the radar flash in red as if they were enemies, but only when in Armor Class Vehicles: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Armor-vehicles-show-up-as-enemy-on-the-radar/m-p/6523404

Maybe in you case both things happened together? If this happen again, and if you may record a clip of it happening, please bring it here. Video evidence is great to help devs get rid of such bugs

Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: Allies outlined in red and marked as enemies on minimap

★ Guide

It sometimes happens to me when looking into my duel scope.  Allies are outlined as enemies, happens quite often. It doesnt affect my game play so i never said anything. Waited to see if anyone ever had the problem.

Message 3 of 3 (499 Views)