by aecinjin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Alliance tab / screen very slow

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) NVIDIA Shield K1
OS Version Android 7.0 patch level Jan 5, 2018
What is your Player ID? M4xxP41n#dRY9BPXG (PersonaId: 1004447968662)
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug When I touch the Alliance tab, screen stays blank or hangs for up to 30 seconds before finally displaying. Scrolling is slow. When I post a message to alliance chat, or donate cards, it takes a very long time to update. Worst, Sometimes if I hitting the donate button because it seems not to be responding, the lag is so bad I end up maxing out the card I meant to donate and then donating cards to the next request in line, cards which I very much needed! The rest of the tabs, and gameplay itself, is nice & responsive. My Wifi is at 5 bars and my Spectrum broadband internet connection performs fine on all speed tests.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Optimize the alliance screen. Prune old messages; maybe add a database index or similar?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

When I touch the Alliance tab, screen stays blank or hangs for up to 30 seconds before finally displaying. Scrolling is slow. When I post a message to alliance chat, or donate cards, it takes a very long time to update.

Worst, Sometimes if I hitting the donate button because it seems not to be responding, the lag is so bad I end up maxing out the card I meant to donate and then donating cards to the next request in line, cards which I very much needed!

The rest of the tabs, and gameplay itself, is nice & responsive. My Wifi is at 5 bars and my Spectrum broadband internet connection performs fine on all speed tests.

EDIT: Under the Globe tab, the Activities screen and C&C TV screen come up reasonably fast, scrolling is smooth & responsive, and the filter button quickly returns search results.

Message 1 of 4 (621 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Alliance tab / screen very slow

★★ Apprentice
Update: A couple of weeks after I submitted this, the alliance screen became a lot faster. There is still a slight delay as compared to the other tabs/screens, but that delay is not a problem. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (545 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hey @aecinjin thanks for reaching out and much appreciated for the detailed report. I'll pass this along for further investigation. Thanks!

Message 2 of 4 (603 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Update: A couple of weeks after I submitted this, the alliance screen became a lot faster. There is still a slight delay as compared to the other tabs/screens, but that delay is not a problem. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4 (546 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I wouldn't say this issue is solved at all. The alliance tab is very often significantly slower than the rest of the game. It seems like the content there is either on another server, or is perhaps accessing some database that is really slow. So there is definitely still something to improve here.

Message 4 of 4 (531 Views)