by xjodielaura

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] All randomly generated townies are heterosexual

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except high school years and snowy escape. All game packs except journey to batuu, dream home decorator, my wedding stories, and werewolves. all stuff packs except my first pet, spooky, moschino and paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interacting with a randomly generated townie with romantic options.
What happens when the bug occurs? They all reject my sim because their orientation is all set to straight.
What do you expect to see? All randomly generated townies should as far as I'm aware have romantic orientations left open, and they should definitely not all be set to heterosexual.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some reason all randomly generated townies I've stumbled across in my game has a set orientation and they've all been set to heterosexual. It's impossible to play past a generation if you plan to have a gay 2nd gen sim because they won't be able to find a partner anywhere. Why is this a thing? I can't imagine EA would purposefully make townies straight by default, that goes against the spirit of the game and especially the spirit of the orientation update. So I'm assuming this is a bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,999 Views)

Re: All randomly generated townies are heterosexual

★★★ Guide

Did you check in CAS if they are actually hetero? There's a bug that generates mostly asexual townies: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Townies-with-no-Sexual-Orientation-at-all/td-p/11671407

So this could also be the reason why they reject your Sim. 

Another possibility is that you already played same-sex relationships in this save after the HSY patch which makes the game generate townies with diverse sexualities, but these would be mostly hetero (67%). It's really weird. I wrote a lot about that in this bug thread. You should have a look and see if this applies to your situation. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

As far as I can tell, if you are using a previous save, they haven't changed "orientation" from that save. You'll need to manually edit them in the household management or start a new save to see the changes. It's like with the Goth family makeover... in my old saves they are still the old version of the Goth family.. I need to start a new save to see the updated ones. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,940 Views)

★★★ Guide
@vyvexthorne Townies in old saves should get a pansexual orientation and from what I've seen in my old saves this seems to work quite well.

@kevinbasile I want to add to my previous comment: some of the code that causes the problems described in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Townies-with-no-Sexual-Orientation-at-all/td-p/11671407 existed before. In short that means: if you played same-sex relationships in your save even before the HSY patch the game will create townies with diverse sexualities (but mostly hetero).

So I'm pretty sure your bug is the parallel version of the bug that I linked, which exists due to the fact that they took some old code and tied it to the new sexual orientation feature without thinking or testing.
Message 4 of 10 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@flauschtrud Hi, yes. Not in CAS, but when my sim tries romantic interactions on them I get the popup of "you have learnt this sims orientation" and if I check the profile it would be exclusively set to attraction to the opposite sex with romantic exploration: no.

The other possibility could be it. I have seen your comments on the other thread. No clue why the "diverse" setting generates majority heterosexual townies. I would've preferred for randomly generated townies to all be pansexual by default, 67% is a LOT and I might've had terrible luck.

Message 5 of 10 (1,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@vyvexthorne It's not an old save, I made it after the update. And pre-update all sims would have their "orientation" as pan by default so it wouldn't be an issue for me.

Message 6 of 10 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kevinbasile Yes, that does not make sense for a lot of players... You can check out my fix mod (it's on Mod The Sims with the same username). I also have a version which sets townie generation back to pansexual until there is a fix for these issues.
Message 7 of 10 (1,873 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@flauschtrudoh that's very helpful, thank you so much. sucks that sims needs mods to be playable but oh well!

Message 8 of 10 (1,851 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this same issue. 
my sim used the wishing well to wish for romance, the well spawned him a soulmate... but the soulmate wasn’t into men. So he now had a bf that wasn’t actually attracted to him lol 

Message 9 of 10 (1,825 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,520 Views)