Re: All progress reset to pre-solo update levels

by bag_head_face

Original Post

Re: I was level 26 assault and now I'm level 16

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me in Xbox ONE...10 level back with heavy, 5 with fighter and 5 with tank

Message 261 of 395 (621 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You know, many of us are here reporting on this because we actually like this game.  If we didn't like the game, we'd say, "meh" and just walk away.  I get that sometimes there can be a major computer glitch that does crazy stuff to a system.  Even something seemingly unrelated, like a computer update, can interfere with commands that no one would have expected there to be a connection. I get that unless they know exactly what caused it, it can be near-impossible to say when it will be resolved, or what the resolution will look like. I think that the powers-that-be at EA have had some real kick-in-the-pants lessons about what gamers like and don't like about games.  They got a little too greedy with that "pay to rank up" nonsense at the very beginning of the game, and even though they removed it, the bad press did them no good.  The bad press made it so that people didn't buy the game who might have, and now they don't have enough people working on the game to deal with bugs and glitches in a more timely manner.  They really need to invest in a few extra good devs to fix the problems, do adequate beta-testing of all fixes before releasing them, and the press would improve. It's a beautiful game in so many ways, and a lot of bugs and balancing problems have been fixed and fixed well.  The game modes are fun, and the different cards for the different classes has been a lot of fun to work with.  My original report wasn't meant to start this hate-fest on EA...just to give some details on a problem I encountered in a game I actually really enjoy.  Confused

Message 262 of 395 (990 Views)

Re: My down leveling in Star Wars Battlefront II

★★ Novice

I even talked to an EA administrator, and they said they are going to fix it, but I need to know before I start up my game again

Message 263 of 395 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I get people are frustrated, I've lost just as much progress as everybody else however EA has responded to the problem and have updated us more then once letting people know there working on it right now. Petulant threats about "I'm done with this game I want my money back" don't help anyone. Infact there getting rather dull, you hear so much whining in GA chat about why they think the game is dead. I've got 450+ hours in this game so far, I play everyday pretty much all day and not once have I joined a game and not had fun. Its not perfect, there's plenty bugs but its not dead, a dead game has empty server after empty server. This is not the case with this game yet.

The funniest thing is the 24/7 whiners and moaners but so much effort into letting everyone know how rubbish the game is and how worthless EA are yet bizarrely they stay in the server and play as much as people who actually enjoy it. Now let's say EA don't fix this annoying issue, let's say they hold there hands up and say "tough luck guys just deal with it" then I most likely would stop playing, like so many other people would also and we'd be right to be pissed, but that hasn't happened yet. Hopefully it won't. Let them do there work, let them fix the problem and if they don't : feel free to walk away. Until then the moaning and whining is about as helpful as people say EA support are ... 

Message 264 of 395 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@bag_head_face
I get that man and perhaps some of us are being a bit intense but it's just very frustrating being in this situation at the moment. I did SO MUCH GRINDING this week. My assault class was level 40 Wednesday and now it's back down to 12. I was 21 kills away from getting that EL-16HFE, now I'm 300 kills away. I have to get almost 300 kills all over again to get that gun. I got so much done and now it's all gone.

What really kills me is the silence. They really haven't given us any tangible explanation of whats going on and, more importantly, is it going to get fixed? It's just "yeah, they're working on it." That's really all i want at this point, to know that.

I've waited since December to play this game in hopes that they would resolve all the issues and this is what i got. I just feel like as a loyal star wars fan and avid player of EA games I deserved, I don't know, not this.
Message 265 of 395 (800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Totally see how that would be very frustrating, I couldn't agree more. I've lost plenty work on Vadar this week, big grinds so far wasted. But I'm confident it'll get fixed and we'll all get our progress back, its sadly not the first time this has happened but they did fix it last time and everyone got there progress back, myself included. Hopefully it'll get fixed again and it'd be great for everyone if its the last time we all have to see our hard work wiped out.
Message 266 of 395 (758 Views)

Heroes have been leveled down

★★★★★ Novice
Yesterday, when I was playing SWBF2, I reached level 25 for Chewbacca (upgraded 3 cards to purple) and almost at 25 for Captain Phasma.

Today,
Chewbacca is at level 15...
Captain Phasma is at level 19...

Is this normal? I don’t think so.
Message 267 of 395 (657 Views)

★ Novice
Same thing but I notice it at about 10pm
Message 268 of 395 (733 Views)

★★ Novice
Is there any point playing until this is fixed? Last time did you keep everything you did while you waited for the fix?
Message 269 of 395 (716 Views)

Re: Lost levels on classes and hero’s overnight!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

So bugs and issues happen with everything (although seems far too many and frequent with this game) and we appreciate there are probably a bunch of hard working talented folks trying to fix the latest issue, but at some point more investment is needed in upfront QA and ongoing communication. 

I get we are in a social media age and yes we can check Twitter and dig through forums to try to get the latest info, but given it is an online game seems that it should be pretty easy and obvious to post a message when you log into the game that warns users that a major issue has been reported and is being worked so people are not surprised.  Given numerous duplicate threads in many different places too many people are being surprised which is increasing their level of anger.

Message 270 of 395 (710 Views)