All players muted using Apex through Steam after Fight Night update

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Radeon HD 7950
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Th3H1Ghlander
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main Menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In lobby after joining another person’s lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.01.2021 18:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? After opening Apex Legends through Steam, when I am on my own in my lobby all is normal but since the Fight Night update, if I join someone’s lobby it shows me and everyone in the lobby as muted with the red X over the speaker symbol. If I try to mute/unmute it’s makes no difference. If I open Apex Legends through Origin I do not see the issue.
What should be happening instead? Players should not show red X for muted
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Apex Legends through steam

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Radeon HD 7950
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? th3h1ghlander
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main Menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Join someone in their lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.01.21 18:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? After opening Apex Legends through Steam, when I am on my own in my lobby all is normal but since the Fight Night update, if I join someone’s lobby it shows me and everyone in the lobby as muted with the red X over the speaker symbol. If I try to mute/unmute it’s makes no difference. If I open Apex Legends through Origin I do not see the issue.
What should be happening instead? I should not see the red X mute symbol
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open apex legends through steam after fight night update and then join a team mate’s lobby

Message 1 of 137 (36,690 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chat Msg does not send

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

The patch that went out earlier today should have helped with the chat issues in Steam. Please let me know if you're still having the same issues after you've downloaded the update. 

Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 122 of 137 (11,062 Views)

All Replies

chat isn't working...

★★ Guide

ON PC after latest update, i send messages and they don't appear, i also don't see anyone else sending messages, anyone else get this?

Message 2 of 137 (35,360 Views)

Chat Msg does not send

★★★ Apprentice

the Chat is broken Frown

I always write "Hi" and press Enter

it does not send the Message Confused

pls fix !

Message 3 of 137 (35,647 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@1Zaitsev1 Same, also seems to completely mute chat audio both outgoing and incoming. Friend in Discord using Origin could talk to teammate who was apparently using Steam, with no issues, but I could hear neither of them in-game.

I had to switch to Origin version to properly play with audio and text chat.
Message 4 of 137 (35,628 Views)

Re: All players muted using Apex through Steam after Fight Night update

★ Apprentice

I also have this problem. In addition when I type in text chat my messages are able to be seen by other players but I can't see my own messages.

Message 5 of 137 (36,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@th3h1ghlandr I am having this issue too. Anyone have the fix?
Message 6 of 137 (36,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Cannot find a solution anywhere. This started happened after the Fight Night update.

I am playing on Steam if that makes a difference.

When I am in the lobby, I cannot send messages. I can't even type in the chatbox. When I am in game I can press ENTER to type, but when I type out anything and submit it. I don't see it in the chat log.

I just logged on with some buddies to play and all of their microphones symbols next to their names (along with my symbol as well) show a muted microphone symbol. I cannot hear my friends nor can I type in chat. I had to text them outside of the game.

Discord works fine for me as well as other games. Strangely enough when I play with random people I can hear them speak.

I don't know if I am missing a setting or this is a bug. I thought there was something to disable chat maybe I am missing that setting?

Edit: I am currently reinstalling to see if it works.
Edit2: Reinstalling did not work. Seems to be a Steam issue according to @Nykoload and others.

Message 7 of 137 (35,616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having this same issue. I posted in another bug report on this forum.

I will try Origin, but just letting developers know that this seems to be a pretty prevalent bug.

Seems to be only for Steam users.

Message 8 of 137 (36,477 Views)

★ Novice

Same, everyone can see my text message but me and everyone is also muted when I don't have them muted. Even friends.

Message 9 of 137 (36,460 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Ciaranxy Yeah, I also had the muted mic icon on my friend and myself. I tried verifying files on steam and that changed nothing, currently redownloading to reinstall. If that doesn't fix it I guess I'm moving to Origin again until it's fixed, which sucks.
Message 10 of 137 (35,594 Views)