Re: All pets changed appearance

by LoopyDunes191

Original Post

All pets changed appearance

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm Of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just loaded my game and there it was
What happens when the bug occurs? All pets in my game suddenly look different
What do you expect to see? The pets should still have the same colors as when I last played
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Suddenly all my pets look different, as an example here's Mayor Whiskers my Sims had adopted.

First in my normal game with mods, second the same game without any mods.

This change in appearance goes for all pets in my game, presets as well as pets I gave my Sims and adoptees.

I can't play without mods as up to 100% of my Sims are CC and I have too much installed to purge whqat exactly is causing this issue, but if I'm not the only one we might be able to narrow it down.

15.02.21_13-33-57.png15.02.21_13-21-57.png

Message 1 of 9 (1,182 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, so, the cat in the pictures is the stray cat Mayor Whiskers, isn't it? He is supposed to be black and white. So what you are seeing in your game right now, is how it is supposed to look like. You must've had some cc that messed with the textures of the animal coats. So this is not a bug, it's more like the opposite!

But, this can easily be fixed. If you have your sims go to a mirror and choose "Change Sim" (NOT plan outfit) you can then freely edit your pets as if you were in full cas mode. So go to change sim, and choose the correct coats for your pets Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (1,166 Views)

Hero
@LoopyDunes191 Do you have a backup from before they changed ? Did you save in that state ? Does it happen reproducibly ?

When you say you have the same save without mods, does that mean you have to folders you switch out or did you just never start that save with mods in ? Or did you make a copy and then removed the mods and it still happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,141 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Sorry, no I meant I started my game normally with mods installed and the pets looked different. Then I closed down the game unsaved, moved my mods folder completely out of the game files so I didn't have any mods at all and started the same save file again and the pets looked normal.
I just have so many mods and CC installed that it's basically impossible for me to figure out what exactly is causing the problem. All I know is that this is only like that since the latest Update.
It's like that with all pets in the entire game, premade townies and my own, even in the world overviews without me ever having activated that household by playing with it.
The new coats seem to be random, they don't change to a basic color or the first premade from the list, but randomly. I don't really understand how a mod could cause that, but I don't know enough about coding anyways.
Message 4 of 9 (1,100 Views)

Hero
@LoopyDunes191 If it doesn't happen without mods and then you put them back and it happens again, it's very likely it was a mod.

If it doesn't happen the second time even if you put your mods back, then it was probably some kind of weird issue which I wouldn't worry too much if it was a one time thing. Just make sure to keep backups and not save if it happens again.

If it happens every time with mods, use the 50/50 method to find the mod:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,084 Views)

Hero
@LoopyDunes191 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinricthi, this is LoopyDunes191's new account since my email was hacked and I couldn't get it back, no it's not been solved and I have simply too many mods and stuff installed to try and find out what is causing the problem. My mods folder is 11GB

I have however discovered that I actually can't change things back, all coat colors seem to be defaulting to the same skin, for cats it's the plain brown one you see in the picture, and for dogs it seems to be a dark brown and black coat. But this only goes for already existing pets, newly generated ones by the game as well as created by me work fine.
Since no one else seems to be having this problem it might be something with my files instead :/

Message 7 of 9 (1,007 Views)

Hero
@featherclaw99 Bugs reported in the bug forum need to be tested on a game without mods. EA is not responsible for mod/cc issues.

So if you remove all your mods, delete the localthumbcache and test on a backup of your save this way, does it still happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,000 Views)

Hero
@LoopyDunes191 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (953 Views)