Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'All of the Things' Console table has slot under the console

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but JTB, TF, CO
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grab a plate of food / small toy / small clutter item and drag it to the "All of the Things" console table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The item will snap onto one of four slots and float mid-air under the table.
What do you expect to see? The items to only snap on top of the console table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here you can see the plate floating underneath the table. The sims will autonomously place the plates there, that's how I first noticed it. You can fit all kinds of things under there: toys, clutter, yarn balls, future cubes...

I don't think the description of the table was meant to be quite so literal. :D

Edit: I didn't have moveobjects on when this happened.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

06-17-21_11-43-54 PM.png

06-17-21_11-26-18 PM.png

Message 1 of 10 (1,324 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Floating slots on "All of the Things" console table

Hero

Did you ever notice an invisible slot under the All of the Things table? We sure did, and while I think that if it is called “all of the things” it could have all the things, everywhere… I guess? This was not acceptable so we fixed that.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,042 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Xiaco Tested this and had no issue. You said you didn't have moveObjects on when it happened. Did you have it on when you placed the console ? Does it happen with all swatches ? Did you try replacing the console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Weird. I tested it in a different household with a brand new console and no bb.moveoobjects on and it does the same thing. I tried several swatches and it does it every time, even when there's no TV or anything on top of the table. You can see the same thing happen in James Turner's "I didn't ask for this (3 Brothers)" let's play at around 18:00 there's a floating plate under the same console table. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,250 Views)

Hero
@Xiaco As it's totally unclear what let's players use in their games, it could be anything really. I don't really watch their videos/stream for bug reports.

It's better if someone that actually has it (like you) can describe exactly what happens.

Could you maybe record a video from your game ? (with no mods/cc, no cheats)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,235 Views)

@Xiaco 

I used S4S to look at the slots and yeah, there are slots that float below the table which means items can be placed there. No idea if it's intentional or not but they are definitely there:

Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 19.12.08.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 10 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Oh, okay, I just thought it might help to look at a video of it happening. But here's a video from my game. Completely new save game, haven't had mods/cc in my game since the May update and as you can see in the video, I do not have the moveobjects cheat on. Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Xiaco did you see @bluebellflora's post above ? Think I misunderstood. Thought all stuff you place on top just defaults to under the console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora @crinrict Yes, glad to know I'm not seeing things that aren't there. Maybe the console had a shelf under there originally and that was cut last minute? It causes problems if you don't know it's there, as sims will autonomously put dirty plates under there and that will stink up the room and make everyone uncomfortable.

Message 8 of 10 (1,162 Views)

Hero
@Xiaco Not nice of them.

Thanks for the report :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,152 Views)

Hero

Did you ever notice an invisible slot under the All of the Things table? We sure did, and while I think that if it is called “all of the things” it could have all the things, everywhere… I guess? This was not acceptable so we fixed that.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,043 Views)