Original Post

Accepted Solution

All Bluetooth headset sound paused by Apex Legends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ZOTAC International Limited GP106-A1
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB DDR4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? troync3
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Start screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am using a wireless headset through Bluetooth connected to my PC. The issue is that Apex Legends mutes all sound on my PC, including other programs. This issue only occurs when using a wireless connection, if I use the headset's supplied cable I can hear sound fine. I have checked around in the PC's Sound settings but have had no success. The sound does not work at all, so there are not even short periods when sound works. I have never experienced this with other games before, so do not know what could cause it. My drivers are up to date and sound works fine when the game is closed (I have tried to play sound in Spotify and it pauses when the game opens, starting again when I close Apex)
What should be happening instead? I should hear sound.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not applicable for this issue. Please see above.

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ZOTAC International Limited GP106-A1
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB DDR4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? troync3
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Start screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am using a wireless headset through Bluetooth connected to my PC. The issue is that Apex Legends mutes all sound on my PC, including other programs. This issue only occurs when using a wireless connection, if I use the headset's supplied cable I can hear sound fine. I have checked around in the PC's Sound settings but have had no success. The sound does not work at all, so there are not even short periods when sound works. I have never experienced this with other games before, so do not know what could cause it. My drivers are up to date and sound works fine when the game is closed (I have tried to play sound in Spotify and it pauses when the game opens, starting again when I close Apex)
What should be happening instead? I should hear sound.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not applicable for this issue. Please see above.

I am using a wireless headset through Bluetooth connected to my PC. The issue is that Apex Legends mutes all sound on my PC, including other programs. This issue only occurs when using a wireless connection, if I use the headset's supplied cable I can hear sound fine.
I have checked around in the PC's Sound settings but have had no success. The sound does not work at all, so there are not even short periods when sound works.
I have never experienced this with other games before, so do not know what could cause it. My drivers are up to date and sound works fine when the game is closed (I have tried to play sound in Spotify and it pauses when the game opens, starting again when I close Apex)

Message 1 of 15 (24,630 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: All Bluetooth headset sound paused by Apex Legends

★★★ Novice

I have temporarily solved the issue by disabling my headset's hands-free recording input, though this is a temporary workaround.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (24,567 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have temporarily solved the issue by disabling my headset's hands-free recording input, though this is a temporary workaround.

Message 2 of 15 (24,568 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's May, the bug was reported in February and it's still not fixed?
I'm having the same issue. There is no sound on bluetooth connection (headphones Bluedio T4S Turbine). Once I turned off the mic in headphones the sound works.
Message 3 of 15 (23,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a must to fix this issue. I'm using a Sony MDR-XB950N1 headset but the same with me. The only workaround is switching off the mic...

Message 4 of 15 (22,410 Views)

★ Novice

I am facing the same issue. Wireless headphones or any of my wireless audio device is not working while playing APEX. And turning the mic off did not work for me. Had anyone found the solution for this one?

Message 5 of 15 (21,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@troync3Same issue, Skullcandy Crusher 360 headphones. I have to disable the crusher hands-free mic and setup a separate mic to get sound AND mic.

Message 6 of 15 (20,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Aside from the sounds are muted it s always make the game crash whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones, any idea how to fix it? This happens only on apex legends

Message 7 of 15 (19,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why is this thread marked as solved if there is not a solution?

Message 8 of 15 (16,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought mpow h1 bluetooth heandset to play online. I've the same issue and also with battlefield 4.

The unbelievable thing is that origin makes conflict with all others applications of windows and i can't hear nothings at all.

If i turn off the input device then the sound comes back.

Message 9 of 15 (16,288 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

May 8th 2020 the same thing happens

I  own razer essential headphones and i have this issue only in apex 

Origin just stops the sound not only in apex but all other apps

Message 10 of 15 (15,741 Views)