Aliens Stole My Parents Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

by Sannapelaa

Original Post

Aliens Stole My Parents Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW GT CL CD S IL SE CoL OR PPSP BNSB NKSP DLK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing this scenario. Saving and closing game when some requirements are completed but not all. Loading the game and starting to play again. Not sure how often this bug happens when playing this scenario.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I saved my game and closed Sims4, the scenario was uncompleted, as the child still had grade B at school. All other requirements were completed. Then when I loaded the game and started playing that household again, there was instantly a message that the scenario is completed. I checked that the child still has grade B. I tried to return to previous saves, 12 sim-hours before or 1 sim-day before, but the same happens, scenario completes instantly when starting to play that household.
What do you expect to see? That the scenario completes, when the child returns from school with grade A, not before that
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

One of the stolen parents aged to elder, while being stolen. This bug started to appear after that, so maybe there is a connection.

Message 1 of 5 (1,340 Views)

Re: Aliens Stole My Parents Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

Champion

I know either of the kids aging up also ends the scenario whether you’ve succeeded at raising grades & money or not. Possibly the parent aging up does the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 5 (1,321 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PipMenace Happened to me, too! I thought it was intended...but if it *is* intended, it should be noted in the scenario. That said, almost every scenario I've ever done has bugged out, not marking down that something has been done, *or* I load back into a game...and the scenario instantly marks itself complete. I want to like scenarios, but it's super disheartening to lose hours of gameplay.
Message 3 of 5 (1,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I clicked Me Too but it wasn't quite the same as yours - my scenario completed after my child sim aged to a teen, but before I had raised all the necessary funds.

I had completed all the other requirements, including raising their grades to the required levels, before she aged up and was hoping that as a teen she could also get a part time job and help earn some money to get their parents home.

I was playing on normal lifespan, the parents were both still young adults and nowhere close to ageing up themselves so that shouldn't have triggered it.

Message 4 of 5 (808 Views)

Champion

Pretty sure the scenario ends as soon as the household no longer meets the requirements - one child, one teen, one or more adults and no one else. So if any of them age up, the household no longer meets requirements and you can be considered to have run out of time. You should only actually get the reward traits if you complete all the goals before that point - but you get the parents back no matter what. The description just isn’t clear on the fail condition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 5 (793 Views)