by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Aliens Stole My Parents: Existing kids start with different grade then new

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game and stuff packs. Most kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the scenario with a new household vs starting a scenario with an existing household
What happens when the bug occurs? If you start with a new household the teen and child are C students. If you start the scenario with an existing household, i.e. one already placed in the world, they start as F students
What do you expect to see? I expect that in both cases they should start with the same grade, either with a C or with an F. i.e. it should be consistent between both cases.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. August 10, 2022 SDX

Here's an example of my sim teen and child's grades when I started with a new family (FYI, my 'new family' was one from my library, you don't need to create a new one, but you do need to go through the motions of setting up a new household):

:

No description available.

Note the parents have 'being abducted' in their queue, but since I just loaded in, they are still there. Standard smile

vs when I tried playing the Goth family, i.e with a family already in the save:

I also tried placing my own family in the world first, saving, and then using them as the existing family and the teen and child also started as F students. 

I'm guessing they are supposed to start as F students to make the scenario harder, since two of the goals are for both the teen and the child to raise their grades to A, but either way, the grade they start with should be the same regardless of starting with a new family or an existing family.

Also, note that while I've used mods in the past, I took them out before the July 26/22 game update and have been playing mod (and cc) free since, so this is happening in saves that have never used mods/cc. Both saves were started since the adding the SDX on Wednesday, Aug 10/22.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit

Message 1 of 2 (1,280 Views)

Re: Aliens Stole My Parents: Existing kids start with different grade then new

Champion

Did your pre-existing family kids already have F before starting the scenario, or did it actually drop them to F by starting the scenario? I've only played by creating a new family, but new kids always start at C so I didn't think anything of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 2 (726 Views)