Re: Alien children inheriting non-Alien skin tone

by raiface

Original Post

Alien children inheriting non-Alien skin tone

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 169.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? The alien child of two townie aliens has a regular human skintone instead of an alien skintone.
What do you expect to see? Aliens with Alien skincolors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I noticed this townie wandering around wearing alien clothes (We Wear Bags currently, so I didn't see her head at first) and when my alien sim went to greet her, I found that she is in fact an alien.  But with light brown skin. I believe she has somehow inherited the skin tone of her parents' disguise.  Only her mother is still alive, so I couldn't check what her father's disguise looked like, however it IS the same skintone as the mother's disguise. She is the normal blue-skinned elder alien pictured below.

I use no skin tone mods.  I do use MCCC, which is how she was conceived. Her parents existed before the skin tone patch but I believe she was born after it.

She has now had a baby with another blue-skinned alien. The baby has been born with the human skin tone and human eyes. But alien ears, alien onesie and alien voice.  He has other children, born after the patch, who are all correctly-blue hybrids. He has no other pure-alien children to compare to.

Message 1 of 3 (888 Views)

Hero
@raiface To make sure this isn't caused by mods, could you please remove all mods and have another baby to see if the same thing happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (856 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I understand your suggestion, but that won't be possible in this save. 

I guess I am mostly just posting this here to see if anyone else has had the same thing happen in their games.

I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again, but given that the original brown alien showed up in a household completely unrelated to any active household, I don't think I can I can reproduce this. 

Message 3 of 3 (823 Views)