Re: Alcoholic Sim?

by 83bienchen

Original Post

Alcoholic Sim?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Dine Out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a bar and have a sim become inspired
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim becomes inspired, they immediately rush to the bar and begin spamming drinks autonomously. The bar will fill up with drinks and they won't clean them. I have lost thousands of simoleans to these drinks. They're not even hungry
What do you expect to see? Them to do something else? Maybe make a painting or take care of their needs? Definitely not this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So much money has gone down the drain because of this. The only thing that seems to work is deleting the bar itself. I've had a sim * themselves because they were busy making drinks and wasn't dealing with their bladder. They don't have the Juice Addict fame quirk either.

Message 1 of 8 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Try and set them a dislike for mixology

Message 2 of 8 (1,016 Views)

★ Novice

Tried that already, now they just make drinks angrily. 

Message 3 of 8 (983 Views)

Champion

Doesn't really sound like a bug to me. I've seen sims do this since forever. When inspired, they feel like crafting stuff more, like painting or in this case where there's a bar available it's mixing drinks. It's just the autonomy they do when in an inspired mood. When they're not inspired, I don't think I've seen them make drinks, unless they are thirsty and in those cases you can tell because they pick up whatever they make and drink it right away, rather than leaving it on the bar for others.

I don't think I've just left them to do unlimited drink mixing – I've certainly never lost thousands of simoleons. Whenever I notice a sim is making more than one drink, I just command them to do something else. Any extra drinks they've made, you can drag to a fridge and it will keep there for a long time, and they'll grab them when they're thirsy.

Message 4 of 8 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DaEpicKoalaIt kind of goes along with the annoying habit of sims grabbing water. You can disable the autonomy of mixing a drink using MCCC if you want .. unfortunately it effects all bars in the game and so if you go out to an actual bar or lounge you'll have to reenable it so the bartender will actually serve drinks. One way to circumnavigate that problem is to grab the globe bar for your home and disable autonomy on that since it's it's own entity and not related to other bar types. Even though the selection is limited it does allow you to serve drinks and your mixology skill will slightly go up when using it and you'll be able to have a drink when you want and not whenever your sim wants.

Message 5 of 8 (946 Views)

Champion
@simvasion I do think it's a bug if it's excessive though. I've had Sims repeatedly quit other creative activities I told them to do - painting, writing, and cooking - to go make drinks because they're inspired. And the original poster has apparently had them neglect their needs to the point of peeing themselves. That can't be intentional?

I don't let my sims have a permanent bar at home anymore because of this; I just keep the bar in the household inventory and pull it out for parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 8 (938 Views)

★ Guide

While it is true that it is actually designed that way, it doesn't mean they shouldn't consider changing it. I have included a fix for this issue in my thirsttweak mod a long time ago but still I think everyone should be able to have an inspired sim not constantly crafting drinks because there is a bar nearby.

Some well-thought changes to the bar_StartCraftingAutonomously tuning would be great. I restricted mine like this which is very strikt but maybe at least something that reduces it a bit:

<L n="test_autonomous">
    <L>
      <V t="buff">
        <U n="buff">
          <V n="whitelist" t="enabled">
            <L n="enabled">
              <T>145405<!--buff_Role_Butler_NPC--></T>
              <T>12616<!--buff_Role_Bartender--></T>
              <T>192860<!--buff_Fame_Quirk_JuiceEnthusiast--></T>
            </L>
          </V>
        </U>
      </V>
    </L>
    <L>
      <V t="test_set_reference">
        <T n="test_set_reference">126907<!--testSetInstance_InteractionIsEncouragedByClubRules--></T>
      </V>
    </L>
  </L>

Message 7 of 8 (923 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, this is riddic. Happens with my sims too. Especially when they are inspired. 

Message 8 of 8 (910 Views)