Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? ConquestSmall
Please select your region South America
On which server did this happen? All Out Warfare Servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since launch, every play instance
Summarize your bug Aim assist is completely working improperly
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Aim Assist is not functioning properly on console, so just testing tracking will do
What happens when the bug occurs? Either the cursor cannot track properly or overcompensation occurs, both resulting in difficulty aiming
What should be happening instead? Aim assist needs to track more effectively

Even through Update 1.0, aim assist does not appear to be properly engaged for console players. It appears that aim assist when ADS is too weak when following a moving player, forcing players to push harder on the controller stick to try and compensate. Not only does the crosshair often not catch up to the moving player, but this can subsequently lead to overcompensation if that target stops moving and the player who is aiming must then readjust yet again.

This is causing uneven and unfair gunplay, especially when engaging in a gunfight with another player. This is honestly disheartening as it makes it difficult to properly play when we are being hampered by the aim assist notnproperly tracking a target.

Below is a great video explaining how the aim assist appears to be broken (albeit from January)

https://youtu.be/0Oc9jQbsyU0

Please DICE, fix this issue sooner rather than later so console players can better enjoy overall gunplay throughout the game. We appreciate everything DICE does for our player base and I hope they act on this quickly to fix this entirely, many thanks!

- Redria

PS, this has been posted to technical issues as well.

Message 1 of 55 (4,606 Views)

Re: Aim Assist Issues Remain on Console

★★★★ Novice

Same on ps5, totally inconsistent

Message 2 of 55 (4,567 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hoping DICE really helps us get this right, it really needs a full adjustment to actually function.

Message 3 of 55 (4,505 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RedriaDark Same issue on xbox series X. BFV and every previous game the aiming felt so much better its really night and day on console. It feels very stiff/sticky and unnatural to aim compared to every other fps I've played
Message 4 of 55 (4,474 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agreed, I want to see DICE come out and tell us they realize it's a problem.

Message 5 of 55 (4,452 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with aim assist on PS5 , i feel it bugged and not working 

Message 6 of 55 (4,315 Views)

★★ Guide
@RedriaDarkI have the same problem on PS5, I can't track and hit a moving target, I tried every setting but nothing helps.
Message 7 of 55 (4,295 Views)

★★★ Novice

aiming in this game is fundamentally flawed. Something is wrong and has been since the game released. PC has issues as well that have never been fixed.

https://youtu.be/ie1B1H20X1Y

Message 8 of 55 (4,252 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not quite sure why this isn't a priority for DICE considering it's clearly effecting a lot of people. We have two videos in this thread now indicating aim assist issues on console and even bugged mouse aiming. Hopefully someone on DICE team will see this.

Message 9 of 55 (4,156 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And @iraqi553 I know it, I've tried literally 10 or so different setups in my settings and nothing improves the situation.

Message 10 of 55 (4,129 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help