by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Aim Assist Issues Remain on Console

★★★★★ Newbie

any temporary solution for this issue 😓

Message 21 of 55 (1,433 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@fahalc unfortunately it doesn't appear as of we have a fix within the settings for 2042 right now. I've tried a bunch of different settings and the reddit feeds indicate many players are experiencing the same problem. There are no solutions in game right now, I hope DICE comes forward and addresses these aim assist problems.

Message 22 of 55 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

One other thing to note, as I've seen mentions that maybe the aim assist is uncoupled from the FOV, that does not appear to be happening, aim assist does not function at any apparent FOV.

Message 23 of 55 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't understand why EA is not addressing this issue because the aim feels really janky and bad on controller compared to COD (which is Battlefields biggest competitor)

Its just ridiculous at this point. I just want to be able to aim properly and not have my crosshair pushed off of the target. This is a major issue and the main reason my friends and I have stopped playing. BFV and BF1 felt totally normal. 2042 does not.

Message 24 of 55 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Lancing975 some people are saying to just turn off aim assist in order to stop in inaccurate tracking, but we shouldn't have to do that, nor is it a true solution when playing against PC players. DICE did t address this today's update whatsoever which is extremely frustrating.

Message 25 of 55 (1,233 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey folks,

Just a quick update that we're aware of your feedback and issues related to Aim Assist. Our team is working to get improvements into your hands in an upcoming game update.

Again, we appreciate your patience and the sharing of your experiences with Aim Assist in this topic!

Message 26 of 55 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 thanks so much for responding, here and on Twitter via Lossy's post, we really appreciate it! I'm glad the team is looking into this and again as I noted on Twitter, we appreciate the work you guys are putting in towards this game! 

Message 27 of 55 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 Hey, man. Thanks for addressing this. Can you comment if the PC mouse input is also being looked at? It feels very off compared to other games and even previous BFs.
Message 28 of 55 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
  1. @Straatford87the biggest issue is horizontal tracking. Or lack of horizontal tracking. Right now the slowing effect is to strong and the slow bubble so large that you input more to compensate and even if are able to over come the slow field you cant make effective aim adjustments. Many times you still cant get aim on target as it's always lagging behind. Then if the target changes direction your aim flys off wildly becuase all of a sudden are out of the slow bubble do to the increased stick pressure increase to fight the slowing effect.

The game needs horizontal tracking so less input is required so controller players can actually adjust aim.

The other main issue is snape aim. I have hundreds of hours on the series x playing 2042 and I have had snap aim only work one time with AR never with any other gun but iron sited smgs.and then less then a dozen times.

These to me are the biggest issues.

On another note have you guys even discussed input based match making?
Message 29 of 55 (973 Views)

★★★★ Guide

For me (ps5), aim assist is mostly an issue when tracking moving players - the sticky aim assist becomes noticeably stronger (compared to its strength when shooting static targets) and makes it harder to lead shots 

Message 30 of 55 (815 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help