Ahsoka resisting unresistable debuffs

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OS Version Pie
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 489-199-868
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Since the most recent update Ahsoka Tano is resisting the secondary effects of Fallen Bastila's fear skill 100% of the time, despite having the lowest Tenacity on my team. The effects happen after the fear expires from either being triggered by damage or from them filling their turn meter bar and missing their turn. The skill says that several debuffs should happen, and that these effects are unresistable. In the last squad I fought Ahsoka resisted the debuffs of a Fallen Bastila with 65.74% potency. My Ahsoka has 39.61% tenacity. That is the lowest on my team. Jedi Knight Anakin has 42.88%, C-3PO has 47%, General Kenobi has 54%, and Padme Amidala has 62.73% tenacity. She should not be resisting unresistable debuffs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fight a Sith Empire team containing Darth Revan and Fallen Bastila Shan with a Galactic Republic team led by Padme Amidala with Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, and C-3PO. If it makes a difference, Ahsoka was in the 3rd slot, and Padme was intentionally slower than Fallen Bastila and is the slowest member of the team by about 20 points. Let Darth Revan do his Insanity, followed by Fallen Bastila using fear, when everyone's fear debuff expires, they should get several debuffs. Ahsoka is resisting all of them with resist messages over her head but that should be impossible.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Here is a screenshot from a recent fight Padme vs Sith Empire, this is my first available turn, after Darth Revan used Insanity on Padme, fearing the entire team, Fallen Bastila used fear, and Darth Malak used Torment against Jedi Knight Anakin.Screenshot_20200201-223924_Heroes.jpg

Message 1 of 15 (625 Views)

Re: Ahsoka resisting unresistable debuffs

★★★★ Novice

I found the source of the bug.  3PO's intermediary unique is giving her protection up at the start of a fight because of her crit immunity buff that she gets at the start of a fight when in a team with Jedi Knight Anakin, I have been using 3PO with the same skills and same team in same situation for a week or two and this did not happen prior to the Assault battle challenge tier update.  It's inconsistent because as you can see, 3PO does not have protection up from his own translation buff that he starts the fight with.

Screenshot_20200202-030148_Heroes.jpg
Message 2 of 15 (602 Views)

@TrySpinning C3PO skill Intermediary grants protection up to Ewok and Galactic Republic allies whenever they gain a “ different non-unique, non-protection” buff.

Translation is defined as a Unique buff in Protocol Droid, so would not trigger this protection up from Intermediary. It sounds like everything is working as intended.

★★★★ Novice

This didn't happen prior to the last update though, at all.  Prior to the update Ahsoka would get all the debuffs as well.  In the other picture note that GK also has courage indicating he had protection up (when Malak used Torment against Anakin it crit him, Anakin didn't get crit immunity and protection up because he had shock, but GK still gained taunt and protection up from it.  But when his fear popped he still got the debuffs).

Another thing to note is that the mechanics of protection up, courage, and fear with one of Darth Revan's uniques.  When a character under a padme lead with protection up starts their turn (even if the turn is skipped) the first thing that happens is that protection up is converted to courage.  Then the fear is dispelled, which wipes all buffs.  So the protection converted to 3 courage, the fear debuff expired, which dispelled her crit immunity, and then she resisted 3 or more effects that should not be resistable.

Message 4 of 15 (556 Views)

@TrySpinning I think you're confusing Fear from Darth Revan's "Insanity" skill from Bastila Fallen's "Fear" skill.

When the Fear from Bastila Fallen expires, the enemies receive Offense Down, CD Down, Evasion Down, Speed Down, Expose, and Stagger for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. However, all other instances of Fear (from Darth Revan or Malak) expire, they do not apply these debuffs.

So it sounds like the sequence of events is such:
1. Battle starts. Ahsoka starts with Crit Immunity & Protection Up.
2. DR uses Insanity. Ahsoka gets Fear (irresistible).
3. Bastila Fallen uses Fear. Ahsoka still has Protection Up, so resists this fear because of Padme's leadership ability. She still only has Fear from DR.
4. Ahsoka takes her turn - the bonus protection is converted to Courage. She cannot take any actions due to the Fear. Fear expires and removes her Crit Immunity. There are no other effects on her.

As far as this being "new" - perhaps it was incorrectly not working before this patch and now it is. The behaviors you describe seem to match the skill descriptions perfectly, so that would indicate that if there were a bug, it was before the patch but is now fixed.

★★★★ Novice

Note that the skill descriptions have Bastila's fear only affect 2 people yet 4 of the 5 have the 6 debuffs from Bastila's fear, Anakin has 8 because of the 2 Malak applied with Torment. (stun, shock).  This is ultimately a new change, that negatively impacts my and other people's squads.

Message 6 of 15 (539 Views)

@TrySpinning Bastila Fallen’s Fear ability applies Fear on 2 units, and Offense Down, CD down, Evasion Down, Speed down, Expose, and Stagger to all other enemies. These are resistible, but none of your units had protection up, so were vulnerable to them.

At this point, everything you describe seems to match the skill descriptions.

★★★★ Novice

the resist messages happened when the fear dropped, not on bastila's turn.

Message 8 of 15 (528 Views)

@TrySpinning Can you capture it on video (preferably on 1x speed)? There shouldn’t be anything to resist based on the skill descriptions and turn order which you’re describing, so we are missing something in this situation. Being able to watch the exchange repeatedly to parse the info could be quite helpful.

★★★★ Novice

I'll see what I can do, don't like playing the game on an emulator very much and don't know how to capture video on my tablet.  Might be tomorrow because I did my climb already today.  But I do have 1 extra fight I can use after I inevitably get bumped back if I can find an appropriate Malak team, need to swap out from Yoda being my 5th anyway (I use him vs 501st squads, Fives tends to survive mass assists if I use 3PO, because 3PO doesn't do damage, Yoda does)

Message 10 of 15 (496 Views)