Re: Aging up sims and not getting to choose personality traits.

by Crunchland

Original Post

Aging up sims and not getting to choose personality traits.

★★★ Novice

I can't thell if this is a bug or a feature. I've managed to do it twice, once on the daughter of one of my sims after she moved out of the original house and divorced, and once on an NPC sim, so technically, neither child sim was under my household's control.

You bake a cake and put birthday candles on the cake. Then you can force the child sim to be a teenager by choosing Age up... and choosing that sim. The sim goes from being a child to a teenager. However, you don't get to choose any new personality trait attributes for the new teenager.

I eventually moved the daughter sim into the household, but when I looked at the sim in build mode, the personality attribute slot was there, but it displayed a question mark, and could not be edited or modified.

I haven't tried aging anyone beyond teen yet, so I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to apply the personality attributes.

Message 1 of 5 (5,059 Views)

Hero

So you aged up a Sim you weren't playing ? Is that where this occured ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (5,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. I guess either I shouldn't be able to age someone when they're not in the household I'm playing, or I should, but should also be able to select their personality traits.

Message 3 of 5 (5,050 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Crunchland wrote:

Yes. I guess either I shouldn't be able to age someone when they're not in the household I'm playing, or I should, but should also be able to select their personality traits.

Actually, the fact that you can age up sims not in your household is intentional.    Since the sim is not under your control, the trait should be generated by the game and not selected by you.   This trait would be displayed as a "?" during interactions until the sim you are controlling learns what the trait is.  It should still be visible in edit mode though, as far as I know.

Message 4 of 5 (5,045 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well, like I said, I aged up a sim that wasn't in the household I was playing. I ultimately played that sim, but I was never given the opportunity to choose the personality trait, nor can I see what that traits are in edit mode. You can see the personality section in this image from a screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/shNpT5p.png

Message 5 of 5 (5,034 Views)