Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

After the latest update 23.04 Anthem crashing my PC and force it to hard reset.

by Loco_Nobody

Original Post

After the latest update 23.04 Anthem crashing my PC and force it to hard reset.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Asus Nvidia RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Freeplay
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Freeplay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.04.19-24.04.19
Summarize your bug After the latest update 23.04.19 the game crashing my Pc completely. It is happening now very often almost every time during freeplay. it occured also one time whlle i was trying to join a quickplay mission.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? The Pc crash completely and hard resets.
What should be happening instead? Not happening all of the above?

After the latest update 23.04.19 the game crashing my Pc completely. It is happening now very often almost every time during freeplay. it occured also one time whlle i was trying to join a quickplay mission. I am a proffesional computer technician and i have already checked for every possible problem it may have occured from the hardware and operating system(temperatures , power shortage drivers OS registry etc). Windows report that the Anthem application causes the crashes. My Pc specifications are: Amd Ryzen 2700 , Asus RTX 2070 , Gskill F4-3000 16gb, Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk , ssd Sun disk ultra 2 and kingston ssd 330v with a Superflower 750w PSU Gold. No overclocking. 

Message 1 of 35 (616 Views)

Re: After the latest update 23.04 Anthem crashing my PC and force it to hard res

★★★★ Novice
I have a 9900kcpu, 32gig of ddr4 ram and 2 2080 ti cards in nvlink/sli and I also get crashes and blue screen errors and only in this game after last update. When it does run its at 100fps at 4k ultra and is glorious but the bsod crashing is really annoying.
Message 2 of 35 (596 Views)

Re: After the latest update 23.04 Anthem crashing my PC and force it to hard res

★★★★★ Novice
Update.
I have reinstalled the game and i saw no improvement.
Now it crashes my Pc almost everywere not only in freeplay.
I have no problem with other games equally or more graphic demanding like AC Odyssey for example. Also i have no problem with other frostbyte engine games like Mass Effect Andromeda. i have also performed some long term stress test to my Pc without any problems. The hard resets are Anthem caused. I will stop being a masochist and i will stop playing the game, otherwise i will destroy my Pc and my nerves.
Message 3 of 35 (552 Views)

★★ Guide

Do you get any errors when Anthem crashes? Have you checked the event viewer for errors at the time of crash?

Message 4 of 35 (544 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Nothing but event 41 which means the computer did not shut down properly which is logical as long as Anthem crashes the whole Pc.
Message 5 of 35 (537 Views)

★★ Guide

Have you tried installing a different PSU in your computer?

Message 6 of 35 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

At first i would like to thank you for your interest and the effort you put to help me with my problem.
As i have mentioned before i am a proffesional computer technician and also i use my Pc for data analysis(not mining). For my work i am using daily my cpu , ram, SSD and Gpu at 100% load for more than 8 hours non stop without any problems.
Today i read a report from someone with a similar problem to mine who said that by replacing his psu solved the problem. After your suggestion althought i was sure that it was not a psu problem i swiched psu from my secondary computer (thermaltake smart se 730w 87% bronze) without solving the problem. While running the game my cpu load is 40-60% average with temperatures not above 42 celcius and my gpu is also at 40-60% with temperatures 55-65 celcius. I have checkes my SSD and everything is fine. Ram maxes at 8-9gb at ultra settings vsynch enabled. I am using a NOCTUA NH-D15 SE-AM4 cpu cooler. I have experimented a lot with nvidia settings without succes. Now i want to fix the problem only to satisfy my curiosity and ego as a computer proffesional rather than playing the game. The problem has started after the latest patch and before that i had no resets at all so am guessing it is not an OS problem and I am not willing to format my Pc for ANTHEM.

Message 7 of 35 (508 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Did you update your video driver? Nvidia released a new one after the patch drop and that seemed to stop the crashes for my friend.
Message 8 of 35 (491 Views)

★★ Guide

Have you tried running Anthem on your second PC?

Message 9 of 35 (483 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
My divers are up to date. The problem occured the first day the patch came out and i think that Nvidia released new drivers the day after. Nothing changed. I have also lowered the graphics without any impovement.
Message 10 of 35 (466 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help