Re: Unable to play online need for speed unbound

by xTwoTonedx

Original Post

Re: After car bugged, can no longer play online as it will no longer load the ga

★★★ Novice

This is on PC for me.

My car was BRZ with VARIS full body kit which I have used in many races with no issues. I just changed the plates on the car and added a plate frame then next race the car was glitched and the race would not load. Restarted the game but since the last car I used was the car that is now bugged, it will no longer allow me to get past the main menu of the game.

Yes I have many alternate cars and plenty of cash to buy more if I wanted too, I would even love to sell that bugged car as well, but as I have described before and again now, this game will not load past the main menu, this picture attached is as far as I can get into the game now since the game cannot compute the bugged car within the game, not allowing the game to load after loading bar is 100% on the loading screen.

I'm currently permanently locked out of the online portion of this game and can only play story mode, but as others here have said, it has also happened to them in story mode and they are locked out of the story mode portion of this game.

Message 21 of 58 (2,783 Views)

Re: NFS Unbound bugs and crashes !

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic i have the same issue, i believe i triggered it by removing the wrap on a custom car and then i was able to edit the body parts on the car and then the glitch appeared. Some parts of the car went invisible and perfomance parts de-equiped themself, i was able to re-equip the body parts but the trunk of the car is still invisble and i cant re-equip some of the perfomance parts without the game crashing or the parts being a completly different part like trying to equip wheels but theyre all engines.

Message 22 of 58 (1,290 Views)

Re: After car bugged, can no longer play online as it will no longer load the ga

★★★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem online and in story mode, so I can't play the game at all. At first, I thought it was the spoiler I put on my car however, reading yours, there's one thing that is common between all three cases. The license plate along with a body kit or just rear modification.

Message 23 of 58 (2,770 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @xTwoTonedx  have you tried our connective guide and see if that helps? 

Let us know what you tried.

/Atic 

Message 24 of 58 (2,845 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic  my save file corrupted and I had to delete all of my save data from both my Xbox and the cloud , we confirmed this by using a different profile on the same Xbox to log in to online . The other profile loaded in just fine but mine would not . Lost all my cars online and my story progress. 

Message 25 of 58 (2,829 Views)

Glitched car stops me from playing story mode on NFS unbound

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I completed the 3rd Qualifier and won the GTR but when I went to change the license plate, the car glitched out and crashed the game. Now it’s invisible on the Home Screen and whenever I try to go into story mode it stays frozen on the loading screen. I don’t know what to do.

Update: the game update today did NOT fix this issue.

Message 26 of 58 (2,027 Views)

Re: Problems with all parts appearing to be tires

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also had the same issue. after clicking one of the parts my game crashed and now i can no longer launch multiplayer. when i hover over the online option from the home screen my car appears to be very bugged.

image of bugged car below 

Message 27 of 58 (2,026 Views)

Game wont launch online mode after vehicle bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug while playing online i experienced a visual bug while upgrading a car. this caused the game to crash and now the game gets stuck on the black and green graffiti loading screen while launching online mode.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I switched the body kit on the lotus exige. this caused the tires to be sunk into the car. then when i switched to performance upgrades. all the parts showed tires.
What happens when the bug occurs? the game gets stuck on the green and black graffiti loading screen when launching online mode.
What do you expect to see? i expect to be able to load into and play online mode

while playing online I experienced a visual bug while customizing a car. i changed the body kit on the lotus exige which caused the tires to be sunk into the car.

Then when i switched to performance upgrades all the parts showed tires(shown in attached file). When I clicked on one of the parts my game crashed.

Now while on the home screen before i click online, the preview of my car is very bugged/glitched (shown in attached file)

when clicking to launch online mode my game gets frozen on the green and black graffiti loading screen.

After speaking with EA help and following all the troubleshooting they provided, they could not figure out a way to resolve this issue and directed me to the forums.

I believe that the game will not load the online mode because of the bugged state of the car. 

EDIT: I got the game to launch online mode by removing the save file. So I believe my theory was right and the bugged car is the problem. I have 65 hrs of time played and dont want to have to start all over again so hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.

Message 28 of 58 (2,028 Views)

Re: Stuck in loading screen when Joining Online.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this exact issue. it happened to me after a performance part upgrade bug caused my game to crash(shown in attached file).  From my home screen before I click online, the preview of my car is really bugged/glitched (shown in attached file) and now my game gets stuck loading into the online mode. I believe mine is caused because of the bugged state of the car. I submitted a bug report so hopefully this gets resolved soon.

I CAN get the game to launch online mode by removing the save file and starting over on a new one. I have 65 hrs of time played due to content creation and dont want to have to start over on a new save file. 

Message 29 of 58 (2,004 Views)

Re: Game wont launch online mode after vehicle bug

★★★ Novice

Yep, I have the same issue, posted here as well. Other people also have this issue but in story mode. Someone has both story mode and online cars bugged so they cant play the game at all. His game has literally become Need for Speed: Main Menu Simulator. I personally have this issue for online just like you.

Wish I could play the game online... but we are forever bugged out of the game.

People are lucky complaining about small bugs within the game, we cant even play the game. At least they can still play it.

Message 30 of 58 (1,998 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help