After 4/28 update missing sims/ lots/ progress

by RayneBo99

Original Post

After 4/28 update missing sims/ lots/ progress

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40.5.3400 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Get Together, Get Famous, Get to Work, Island Living, Vampires, City Living, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I have sims that are randomly missing from the game, their homes and progress. One is still showing up at the bar even though her house is gone and she's not showing as a sim I can select for play
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to choose her home (which isn't there) and play like I did before the update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's the most recent update that automatically happened when ea made the changes

I have sims and lots that were saved after the sims/ progress that is currently missing

Message 1 of 5 (592 Views)

Re: After 4/28 update missing sims/ lots/ progress

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@RayneBo99 If your console isn't set as home/primary for the account that purchased your DLC, that DLC will be removed anytime your console is offline. This will cause loss of sims, and their houses in those packs.

Another thing that can occur, is when you add new packs, other sims are culled from the game to make room for the new sims in the packs. You can raise the limit to how many sims you can keep in your "My Households" tab in manage households, and move any sims you want to save into this tab by clicking the heart on their household.

If you haven't saved your game since the change occured, make sure your console is online and set as primary and reload your save. If you have saved after these changes happened, they are probably lost unless you have a backup on USB or in the Cloud.

Message 2 of 5 (543 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper I appreciate your time but that's not it.

I hadn't added any new packs recently and I only had 50 of 150 sims. Of those sims my first sim and her lot is missing where my last 2 sims and their lot and all progress is saved. Meanwhile I took another sim to a bar and my first sim was randomly out partying like she was still an option.

I make sure I save often and there wasn't a "stopping point" that was missed and how is it my first sim should be gone and the last are still there?This all happened out of no where after this most recent update

Message 3 of 5 (518 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RayneBo99 What's not it? Did you check to see if your console was set to primary for every account you have purchased DLC from?

Did you load a different save or an older save from before you made progress with those sims?
Message 4 of 5 (485 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper There's only one account and one save file. I've been loading and playing only one game and it's not the latest progress that's missing it's everything, even her first lot and now she's like a ghost because she is not an option to play but still shows up in other sim's interactions

Message 5 of 5 (466 Views)