by Sassy6teen

Original Post

[OPEN] Adult sims use the same animation as teens when flirting autonomously

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with full autonomy turned on and have two sims be romantically involved with each other or have a sim in a flirty mood chat with another sim of the preferred gender and let them autonomously flirt with each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? When young adults, adults and elders autonomously flirt with each other, the animation used will primarily be the same as for teenagers.
What do you expect to see? Young adults, adults and elders only using the flirt animation intended for their age group, not flirting like coy teenagers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the patch that came out right before the High School Years release.

Up until now there has always been two different animations for the flirt interaction, one reserved for teenagers and one for young adults/adults/elders. But since the High School Year patch adults have been using both animations interchangeably whenever they flirt autonomously, although they seem to prefer the teenage way of flirting now. I'm hoping that this is a glitch and not intentional, because it looks rather daft for married adults to be flirting like coy teenagers.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (2,199 Views)

Re: Adult sims use the same animation as teens when flirting autonomously

★★★ Apprentice

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks this, lol. It's weird seeing young adults/adults/elders flirt like teens when they should just flirt to how it was originally set. My married sims do this all the time, like they've just met for the first time. I also have all packs installed. I dunno, it just seems a little peculiar to me to see grown ups act like this.

Message 2 of 7 (2,159 Views)

★★ Guide

YES this is an issue for me too! Adult sims seem to prefer to act like teenagers when flirting. They use the teen animation preferably over the adult one. So tired of all this..

Message 3 of 7 (1,657 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I really hope that more people will chime in, because this is doing my head in. I don't know if it's just that people don't notice the difference because they have disabled their sims' autonomy or don't pay attention to what they do, or if they simply don't care Frown Well, I do care and I really want this issue to be solved, because I can't imagine that this is how it's intended to work.

Message 4 of 7 (1,116 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adult sims use the same animation as teens when flirting autonomously

★★ Guide
@Sassy6teen Does the issue persist after you remove mods? Additionally, which mods/CC did you have?
Message 5 of 7 (1,024 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adult sims use the same animation as teens when flirting autonomously

★★ Apprentice

I had the usual ones, like MC Command Center, UI Cheats, Basemental and a bunch of mini-mods. However, I've removed them, repaired the game and started several new saves(all of the screens I posted above are from completely CC and mod-free saves) and it's still happening.

Message 6 of 7 (1,015 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sassy6teen Okay, good to know that it doesn't seem to be a mod compatibility issue. I don't know enough about the game's code specifically to take a guess at the cause but this could probably help narrow it down.
Message 7 of 7 (1,010 Views)