by Hopeapaju

Original Post

Adult having a romantic relationship with a child

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except dine out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I have multiple playable sims and haven't encountered this with other families/his other kids.
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult male sim has romantic relationship bar with his child daugher and vice versa since she was a toddler/since the latest patch. He has other kids without this problem.
What do you expect to see? Adults having only friendship relationship with kids.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest patch (07/10/2018 - PC 1.44.88.1020). Appears even after removing all the cc and updating the game.

Message 1 of 12 (3,114 Views)

Re: Adult having a romantic relationship with a child

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Hopeapaju

Can you please share your entire save files with us?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help al lot. 

Thank you for your report!. 

Message 2 of 12 (3,094 Views)

Hero

HI @Hopeapaju

did you newly get the relationship after removing the mods ? What kinds of mods are you using ?

Relationships are very unlikely to just disappear if you remove the mods so to be sure: Did you get the relationship with or without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (3,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Hopeapaju

Can you recall if this might have happened when the adult in question told a flirtatious joke in a group conversation in which the child was involved? The flirtatious joke interaction has been known to cause every member of the group conversation (despite only one Sim being the target of the interaction) to become romantic interests with the joke teller.

Message 4 of 12 (3,026 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey,

I got it with using mods. I mainly use cas and bb custom content. I also have mods for Harry Potter traits and sorting hat. I did have teen pregnancy mod for a little while, but I've deleted it some time ago. I could see it causing this bug, but it happened after removing the mod and the romantic bar appeared after the update (unless I just didn't see it before, but I'm pretty sure I would've).

Message 5 of 12 (2,972 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm not 100 % sure. But the child was a toddler back then when this started and there was only one adult in the household. I don't think they had any contact with other adults to form romantic conversations around the time this happened. I did play with couple another families before them, but since toddlers don't walk around town with themselves I don't think it could have happened sort of "in the background" while playing another family in different neighborhood.

I think the game considers the child as an adult in some form, since she (as a child) had a whim to mix drinks. I don't think children can have that whim? But it still wouldn't explain the relationship with her father.
Message 6 of 12 (2,960 Views)

Hero
Did you share your save with @SimGuruIcarus as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,938 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, I messaged him. Forgot to write it in my reply here. Thanks for all your time and help!
Message 8 of 12 (2,926 Views)

Hero
For now, you can try use cheats to get rid of the relationship: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

I believe those still work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (2,920 Views)

EA Staff

@Hopeapaju

We couldn't find any sim with a romantic relationship with a child in your saves. Was that present in the saves you send us? If so, could you indicate which household it is?

If not, could you send us the specific save file where this relationship is present?

Thank you very much!

Message 10 of 12 (2,892 Views)