Re: Ads playing then giving no rewards

by dotmatrix_me

Original Post

Ads playing then giving no rewards

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG g7
OS Version See screenshot
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Screen shot
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Usually this occurs the first time or first couple of times I watch ads for the day. Click on ad. Watch the ad then it just goes back to the game despite watching til the end and no reward is given. I am not ending the ad early.
What do you expect to see? Anytime watch an ad that a reward would be given at the end.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

• See above
Message 1 of 8 (657 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@dotmatrix_me Sorry to hear this happens! Can you show a screenshot of the ad that does this? 

And do you start this ad from the mailbox or is it at the end of an event? 

Message 2 of 8 (610 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SimGuruMaaike I keep on having this problem with this one particular ad. It is called Home Design, every time I get it I have the same problem.

20191223_100203.jpg

Message 3 of 8 (605 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's from the mailbox and you know I have never paid attention to if it was a particular ad. Since it doesn't always happen and it just puts me right back into the game I didn't think to get a screen capture. I will start paying attention. 

Message 4 of 8 (601 Views)

Hero

@SimGuruMaaike I have experienced this twice lately on my alt account. I have uploaded videos of these issues. 

On both occasions I opened my game to collect rewards from the home baking event. I taped on watch video and the ad began to flash. I had to close force close the game app and unfortunately, I lost all the rewards from the events my Sims had finished plus the extra reward from watching the video.

WARNING: These videos have flashing images!

17th of december

20th of december

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 8 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@SalixCat That sounds like a different issue, the issue with yours is that the ad is not displaying correctly. Not receiving the rewards is because of the force close. I've passed on this ad issue to the correct team too. Which device did this happen on? 

Message 6 of 8 (563 Views)

Hero
@SimGuruMaaike Thanks 🙂
This device is a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 8 (540 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So far I haven't seen the issue. Didn't want to think I had dropped the ball

Message 8 of 8 (461 Views)