Re: Ads not playing in Sweet Treat Challenge

by Kelly32873

Original Post

Ads not playing in Sweet Treat Challenge

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung J7
OS Version Oreo 8.0
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the Sweet Treat Challenge. The icon next to the bake icon that usually appears when the 'watch ad to get free rewards' appears. I click on it and nothing happens. After once or twice, it was attributed to a minor glitch, but after about 10 or more attempts, I'm reporting it.
What do you expect to see? And as to get my reward
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

Ads not playing in the Sweet Treat Challenge.

After once or twice, I let it go, thinking it was a small glitch.  But it's happened at least 10 times during the same challenge.

I've rebooted the app, rebooted my phone, it still does it.  

Message 1 of 11 (1,671 Views)

Hero
@clictock81 In what country are you?
Can you please describe what happens when you tap on the knife stand?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 11 (1,641 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SalixCat The icon that shows that you have an ad to play disappears for a second when you tap it, and then pops up again. No ad plays and no reward is gained.
(iPad, iOS 14.3, UK).
Message 3 of 11 (1,604 Views)

★ Guide
@clictock81 Same is happening to me. Icon shows up but once you tap on it tge icon goes away but no video or rewards. I rely on them to finish sts. Is there a fix going on are they looking into it, will they fix it.
Message 4 of 11 (1,540 Views)

Re: [Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

★★ Novice

My ads are also not working. I have reset my google ads and restarted my phone. Im falling behind in the sts and most likely will not finish. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,504 Views)

★★ Novice

Missing out on so many rewards. This is so frustrating! 

Message 6 of 11 (1,470 Views)

★ Guide

Yes it's very flustering.  Something that's designed to work is not and it needs to be fixed asap. Please please! 

Message 7 of 11 (1,443 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had this issue throughout the entire event making it almost not even worth playing. You click on the icon and nothing happens. Sometimes if you go home and then come back to the challenge it will work, but that is only a solution that works maybe 30% of the time. The rest of the time you are just unable to redeem the bonus reward at all.

Message 8 of 11 (1,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is also happening to me. This is a known problem that has been going on for a very long time and EA doesn't seem to care enough to fix it. I spent actual money on this Sweet Treat event and I'm so frustrated because my money will be wasted. I've been playing this game since it first started and I'm about ready to uninstall. So frustrated!

Message 9 of 11 (1,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found a way to get rewards from watching ads while doing sweet treat challenge.

After not getting rewards since the ads is not running, i will go somewhere else (home or downtown or elsewhere) and then go back to parkside to watch the ads. Then, the ads still play and i get the rewards. Mostly, i need to do it once, rarely do it three times.

If the ads icon doesn't reappear, i'll wait for several seconds. But if i don't urgently need the rewards (tickets or simoleons), i don't wait.

Message 10 of 11 (1,220 Views)