Re: Adopted child has 3 homework stuck books and ins. only pays 1/3 of damage bu

by crinrict

Original Post

Adopted child has 3 homework stuck books and ins. only pays 1/3 of damage bugs?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Today, I made a sim and put her in the game.  I had her adopt and on the second child, the child has 3 homework books in her inventory.  I click the stack and it shows them, but you can't take them out and they make a clicking noise, but there is no do homework or any other command.  Basically, there are three homework books stuck in her inventory.  I tried resetSim, but it said that the sim was not found, I had her name highlighted, so I know I spelled it right.

Not sure if this is important, but right after I adopted her and we appeared out on the sidewalk, one of the thing that my sim asked the child was about school; not sure if that can trigger a bug after adoption, but thought it might be good to include.

Also, not sure if it is a bug, but my sim cooked for the first time and there was a fire.  The 1,000 stove and the cheap cabinet was destroyed, but Ins. only pd. under $500.  Is that about right or do they usually pay what the damaged stuff was worth? 

Also forgot to add no mods/cc, Win 8.1, Early buy DD with extras.

Also, what is XP on this page?  Looked and can't find info.  thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (513 Views)

Re: Adopted child has 3 homework stuck books and ins. only pays 1/3 of damage bu

Hero

All about XP: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/What-s-XP-and-how-does-it-work/td-p/6990/

--

Homework: Did the child go to school yet ? Did you try going traveling or moving out and back in ?

Insurance: Unsure how much it is supposed to pay but I doubt it gives you the full amount. Guess I need to ask around.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've not tried to move them in and out yet; I will.  If this is a bug, the way it started with this household is that just right after adoption, my sim talked to the child and one of the topics was about school.  Perhaps talking about school after being adopted, but before going to school does it.  I've adopted 5 times so far and this is the only one it did it with.

Message 3 of 4 (493 Views)

Hero

Does sound like a glitch. Might be very random though

I've talked to others about the insurance think and 1/3rd seems about right.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (486 Views)