Admin warning upon starting game everytime

★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Feralmonch
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. n/a
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. n/a
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? n/a
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It gives me a warning message over and over and it's been a month or longer.
What should be happening instead? It should go away, I'd think.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Type a bad word.

So a month or longer ago I type a bad word in the chat, the 'C' word to be exact, and I got a message/warning about it. Well, I keep getting this warning every single time I start the game up, and that seems a little excessive as I've learned from it and wanna move on, and I assume it must be a bug, as it's been over a month now at least...
why.PNG

Message 1 of 10 (623 Views)

Re: Admin warning upon starting game everytime

Community Manager
@Realthing707 Thanks for the post. At this point I don't know if that's a bug or intended, but we'll send it up the chain.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (595 Views)

Admin Warning for bad words still there after months of good behavior

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Not Required
Enter RAM memory size in GB Not Required
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? solofade1
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Not Required
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Not Required
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not Required
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I have had the Admin warning about speech for months now. Does it ever go away? Can you please remove it after all this time? It also stays on the screen when in a match and takes up some of my view. This isn't the way to warn players. At least put out a service announcement on how these warnings work and how long they are supposed to stay on your screen. I'm going to assume this is a bug. If not then I guess I want my account closed.
What should be happening instead? Warn people for a week and then remove the warning. It also should not show up when in a match.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just have to log in and the warning is on my screen the whole time. It's been there for months.

I'm not sure what else to provide here. Your warning system warns players and then forgets it warned them and leaves the message on their screen for months. Please fix this. If you implement and system at least put out a service announcement for it and warn players how it works.

Also the day I decided to type into the chat in my lobby, I WAS IN THE LOBBY ALONE. I was having a bad day and decided to "type to the developers" in the hope they saw my text. The sound in the game is complete #$%&.

Anyway I know exactly what day I said bad stuff in the chat because otherwise I don't use the chat since I have a headset. It's literally been over 2 months. I can't think of a good reason I'm still seeing this warning. Also why does it persist into the game and take up quite a bit of screen space?

Message 3 of 10 (581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey i have this issue as well, its been 4 days since i had it. Was just messing around with my friends and gotten this message as well.

Message 4 of 10 (555 Views)

Champion

I've seen reports of this on AHQ and Reddit for the past month or so, though I personally don't think this is something that happens 100% of the time.

Message 5 of 10 (549 Views)

Re: Admin Warning for bad words still there after months of good behavior

Champion

@SoloFade1 

It hasn't been confirmed (at the time of this point) whether or not this is a bug or intended behaviour.

If you're interested in the situation, this thread will probably include an update on the situation once they've figured it out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Admin-warning-upon-starting-game-everytime/m-p/12249037/highli...

Message 6 of 10 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@XHelperZI have already reached out through email and received one back that this is indeed a bug and needs to be reported here. So that's what I'm doing. By having you come here and NOT confirm anything it's a waste of my time to read it and yours to mention that.

I think the intended purpose here is to report issues right?

NOT BRUSH THEM OFF AS A SIDE NOTE. So in my eyes, as many threads as needed should be made. IDC if some Joe Shmo wants to keep the forums Answers section tidy and to one thread.... NOPE sorry. Stuff gets done so slow like that.

Each day this is ignored I'll make a new thread.

Message 7 of 10 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SoloFade1 

I don't think it's necessary for you to respond in such a manner, if at all, it seems quite disrespectful.

All I'm doing is trying to inform users that possibly aren't aware of an official response in another thread, I have no way of knowing what other steps you have taken.

It would've been nice of you to have updated your thread too if you have received a response so other users were made aware of that, this is a community space after all.

I also don't see the need to make a post daily about this issue, since it seems quite minor after all, overall making new threads for the same issue is not recommended.

Too many threads of the same issue clogging up AHQ will slow the process even more as other threads are bombarded into the bottom section due to newer threads that constantly describe the issue. 

Such an environment would also scatter important information all over the place, it's counterproductive, so personally I would like it if something like that wouldn't happen.

Complaining is fine, though that doesn't warrant spamming the forums. (Incase you were planning to do that)

Message 8 of 10 (550 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SoloFade1,

I've moved your posts over to the currently existing thread about this issue, as that's where we'll be providing any updates or additional information as we receive it. Thanks for the post!
Mako.png
Message 9 of 10 (541 Views)

★ Novice
@XHelperZ It's not a small minor issue when this UI EYESORE is on your screen when in an actual match. That's going TOO far to let someone know they said a bad word.

And it's not going away. So do I go make a new account to not be annoyed by it? Or I can complain daily until it's fixed!!!!!!!
Message 10 of 10 (534 Views)