Re: Adds English US keyboard to Windows.

by Rhaegwynn

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well let's see how this works.
So i've been checking out forums and such because i noticed one of my keys (on pt layout) was changed to something else, which wasn't my keyboard at all, then i indeed noticed the US keyboard being installed.
Kinda sadge no fix for it till now (maybe because it's hard from what i've read so far in this topic + any other topics).

However i tried this solution from a Microsoft Forum Post.

• Open regedit

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\

• Rename the folder (key) that matches the "zombie" keyboard layout to something else, like 00000409-NO

• Reboot your PC

I hope this helps for some pewps that don't use US layout. (and also hope this isn't against forum rules or something ... monkaS)

In my case it fixed.

Edit - Seems like it still installs it, i noticed when i was doing some text stuffs and because i did ctrl + shift, it switched keyboard layout even if it doesn't show on the keyboard layout tab. Seems like we're back at 0 again.

Edit 2
So yeah, as last reply is, if you at least don't want it to show on the keyboard layout tab, this up here might be one of the possible options to do. As for remove it automatically, it is better to do a small research in programming for uninstall it every time you launch apex, just like how @Rhaegwynn did 2 posts before.
Outside of that is either try to search other ways, or wait for a fix in the future (we hope).

Suggestion for Respawn - maybe allowing us to select keyboard layout in-game as a setting could fix this problem easily as there wouldn't be need later to install the keyboard again over and over. I know this is not mandatory, but at least for us players that are not using US layout, it would be great to be fixed.

Message 41 of 53 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, so after researching a bit more here's what i found.

First we'll still include the reply above as the solution for not show the keyboard installed there. (it will be up to you guys if you want to enable it).

Now, a fix for how to disable the ctrl + shift keyboard switch.
I'm using Windows 10 Version 20H2

Settings > Devices > Typing > Scroll down > Advanced Keyboard Settings > Input language hot keys

Now on the action Between Input language select it and Change key sequence

There's 2 options:

• Switch input Language
  • Switch keyboard layout

All you have to do is Not assign the keyboard layout key. And save.

What will happen?

If your input language has more keyboards layouts, then you wont be able to switch with the key combo (you can however change to other key combo that shows there, or you can also change it manually on the bottom right)

This wont affect the default switch input language, so if you have multiple languages with them own keyboards, you're fine (unless you have keybinds that uses alt + shift at same time, then you should also disable that one too.

If you only have/use 1 input language/keyboard, disabling them wont affect anything on you, just keep in mind that if you need it in the future, you'll need to reactivate it again.

Message 42 of 53 (776 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

Decided to stop here and tell that the bug still exists. Please fix it.

Kind regards,

Rhaegwynn

Message 43 of 53 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Rhaegwynn I have spanish keyboard , so im waiting too for them to fix the game Frown
Message 44 of 53 (687 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrazyEyedOldMan There are lots of Source engine games, no other Source game adds a keyboard layout to your operating system, I don't think even Titanfall 1 and 2 do this, but even if they did, it's something that has been caused by the same developer, so is entirely something they can fix.
Message 45 of 53 (610 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

Kind regards,

Rhaegwynn

Message 46 of 53 (586 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

Kind regards,

Rhaegwynn

Message 47 of 53 (547 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

We just got a new patch and I decided to stop here and tell that the bug still exists. Please fix it.

Kind regards,

Rhaegwynn

Message 48 of 53 (519 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

We just got a new patch and I decided to stop here and tell that the bug still exists. Please fix it.

Kind regards,

Rhaegwynn

Message 49 of 53 (435 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I find myself having this bug there too with the Steam version (it's not just Apex, other games do it to me too).

What's strange is that I just installed my new PC with Windows 11. With my old PC under different Windows, I never had this bug. So there is a cause and effect. What is the element that caused this unlike my old PC?

Then the fact that there is no solution surprises me. So we can hack the intelligence services but we can't solve this bug from more than 10 years ago?
Message 50 of 53 (347 Views)