Re: Active sims interrupt current task to do something else

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

Active sims interrupt current task to do something else

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Eco Lifestyle, Dine Out, Spa Day, Star Wars, Backyard Stuff, Bowling, Fitness, Luxury Party, Moschino, Nifty Knitting, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? General gameplay - uncertain as to what triggers this issue. This seems to be a previously reported bug. (Should note I'm using a brand new install of the game, so am not even playing an old save. This issue is occurring with the tutorial household I created, as well as a CAS family and one of the pre-fab NPC families.)
What happens when the bug occurs? Found this listed as a fixed issue from June ([FIXED] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else by user rebeccah101) but I am experiencing this issue after the latest update. Sims will randomly quit an interaction mid-task, cancelling the action. This ranges from something small like eating a meal or taking a shower, to rabbit hole tasks like attending a final exam and going to work. This causes issues in gameplay as certain activities cannot be repeated (such as attending a final exam). It can also result in a disruption of other tasks you may have lined up in the queue and negative moodlets (for example, trying to feed your sim before they go to work).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see an active sim complete most tasks they have been assigned unless otherwise manually canceled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Fresh install on a computer I have never installed the Sims on before. This install includes the latest expansion pack "Snowy Escape." This expansion and the new update are the two biggest changes to my game (aside from it being on a different computer).

As previously reported, sims sometimes interrupt their own tasks to do push-ups or other random activities.
For example: My sim leaves mid-shower to brew coffee (an unassigned task), and then gets an embarrassed moodlet because she didn't even stop to put on clothing on her way >_< 

Message 1 of 2 (641 Views)

Re: Active sims interrupt current task to do something else

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I am also having issues with my sims constantly ending their current tasks. I have sims stop in the middle of a painting, wake up out of bed constantly, put down a half eaten plate of food, and just drop all queued actions and then need fail because they got distracted doing whatever instead of what I told them.

I also have issues where it will ask if I want a Sim to stop being at work or school, I say no, but they come home anyway.

Message 2 of 2 (539 Views)