by CoolAKn

Original Post

Active Sim asking to change careers

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Paranormal and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have at least two Sims in the Active household. One of them needs to have a career and while they are at work, have the other Sim travel to a different lot for an extended amount of time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Either while the working Sim is at work or coming home from work, they will call the Sim you are controlling to ask to change careers, as if they were not part of the Active household.
What do you expect to see? Only have Sims outside the Active household to ask about changing careers or other Storylines elements.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that added Storylines.

I unfortunately don't have a screenshot, but in both instances, it was a Sim in the Culinary career working towards the Master Chef aspiration, which I think is just coincidence, since I often have my Sims work towards Master Chef. Additionally, both households live on the same lot in Newcrest. I don't recall the name, but it's the furthest south property with the lots all in a row, the 40x30 lot. The first time, it happened in a save file with mods, and the other time, happened in a purely vanilla save file after clearing the mod folder and repairing the game before starting the save file.

In the first save, I had my other Sims go to Henford-on-Bagly to gather supplies for cooking (I had the lot challenge that requires the ingredients to make something, I don't immediately recall what it's named) and had them go ice skating until my Culinary Sim came home. Immediately after the Culinary Sim got off work and before I could direct him to come to the active lot, he called one of my Sims asking if he should pursue a new career.

In the second save, my Child Sim went to the library in Willow Creek while their caregiver was at work, and while the caregiver was still at work, he called the child asking if he should change careers.

Message 1 of 2 (1,221 Views)

Re: Active Sim asking to change careers

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It happened a third time, so I got a screen shot.

Message 2 of 2 (1,135 Views)