by sushicrow

Original Post

Obsessed with Computer Adventurous Sims Any Map, Snowy Escape Map All Sims

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SE, GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Seasons, Island Living, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create an acitve sim and have autonomy on.
What happens when the bug occurs? This sim has Active, Adventurous and Bro traits. She is obsessed with the computer, esp playing video games even when her fun bar is completely full. (Further tested with other traits)
What do you expect to see? An active sim dance or go jogging and not run to the computer constantly. And also for sims to not be obsessed with getting fun when thay already have a full fun bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch right before 1.68.156.1020 hotfix. It's still there after the hotfix.

My Acitive, Adventurous, Bro sim is obsessed with the computer, even when her fun bar is full.. I've testied the cheapest computer in the base game and the portable computer. And also with sims without Active trait.

She'll run to the computer to play video games instead of going to sleep when her energy bar is orange and fun bar is full. It's not just video games, it's the computer. Her hunger bar is orange and she stops cooking to play video gamess, again her fun bar is full. It's not just interrupted actions, she starts odd actions on her own.

I had another sim with the same traits get that acquired trait thing (sorrry, don't remembe the name of that function) where they get bored when they aren't active and that one was also obseesed with video games and programming and kept getting bored.

Game updated, mods removed, cahce cleared, game repaired, coffee drank & sandwich eaten IRL for sake of clarity and hunger.

This happens to all sims on the Snowy Escape maps. Adventurous sims have this on any map. Even if there are fun items equal to the compter, they run to the computer. Their social bar is low and fun bar full, they disconnect from the converastion. to use the computer. Somtimes they game, sometimes write, somtimes do programming.

This interferes badly with sim that have active lifestyles since they get bored sitting at a comuter. I don't want to turn Lifestyles in my game or keep doing cheats to work around this.

Edited orginal, since problem was broader than I first thought.

Message 1 of 3 (661 Views)

Re: Active Sim Obsessed with Computer

★ Guide

Anyone else have this? It's really annoying.

Message 2 of 3 (624 Views)

Re: Obsessed with Computer Adventurous Sims Any Map, Snowy Escape Map All Sims

★ Guide

I've edited my post, the problem is broader than I thought, more info included in OP

Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)