by MisplacedMel

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Achievements reset

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor-Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamout Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you are in a save file you can access the achivements through the menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Achievments have been unlocked, but sometimes they all disapear again,
What do you expect to see? The achievements should stay unlocked (within the same household/save file).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So this is the second time this has happend, the first time was a few years ago but I didn´t pay any attention to it back then. Currently I am playing in a save where I actively try to get all the achievements (so: max. skills/jobs, woohoo with a ghost, visit 25 lots, etc.) and I know that last week everything was still fine (25.06.2021) but today all of the achivements were locked again (30.06.2021). I checked if my achivements in other save files where also gone and they were. I don´t know why they reset (maybe the update from yesterday?).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (2,584 Views)

Re: Achievements reset

Hero
@lm-sweater Could this be the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Continuing-Original-save-after-Save-As-fork-resets... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,544 Views)

Hero
@lm-sweater Could your issue be the same as the one linked ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (2,514 Views)

★ Guide

I just had this problem after I moved my sim to a Newcrest lot from an apartment. I haven't forked the save, and it seems that somehow the game remembers all my achievements, because occasionally they'll unlock spontaneously. For example, my sim was running on a treadmill and reached fitness skill 7, and my max painting skill, all-nighter, and 24 hours of no social interactions all unlocked. Her maxing the painting career hasn't unlocked, though. So it's only some but not all. :-(

Message 4 of 13 (2,470 Views)

Achievements Constantly Reset

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everytime I update the game my achievements are reset.
What happens when the bug occurs? All achievements for every save are erased.
What do you expect to see? All achievements save with each file
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the game

This is the 3rd time this has happened and I am getting tired of it. All of my achievements get erased and reset every single time the game updates. I have a save where I want to complete all the achievements in the game and it is impossible when the game resets. All other information is saved except the completed achievements. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,294 Views)

Re: Achievements Constantly Reset

Hero
@hazzly124 I merged your post with the existing thread. Are you using save as ?

Also, are you on a mac or console ? You put mac for platform but on console for the mod question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,238 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi I am on my Mac laptop
Message 7 of 13 (2,180 Views)

Hero
@hazzly124 Have you been using save as ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict What does this mean? I save as exiting the game
Message 9 of 13 (2,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hazzly124 So you press save and not save as ? There's two commands. I don't know if  save as generally causes this issue whether you use the same slot or a different one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (2,045 Views)