Re: Account access lost permanently. Email linked to a different account.

by EA_Grasshopper

Original Post

Account access lost permanently. Email linked to a different account.

★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) OnePlus 5
OS Version 7.1.1
What is your Player ID? PandaBear
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Lost access to Rivals account
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have not attempted to replicate the issue as this would further destroy my account access, but I suspect it would be to: Email 1 is linked to Account A Email 2 is linked to Account B 1) Go to Profile, disconnect from whatever you're linked to (if applicable). Login to Email 1, receive verification code, enter verification code, pick Account A (right-side) on the pop-up to restore progress from Account A. Restart game to complete login 2) Go to Profile, disconnect. Login to Email 2, receive verification code, enter verification code, pick Account A on the pop-up (left-side) to continue using Account A - OR force close game without picking an account I think this is how to replicate. In my situation, I believe my game crashed when I entered the verification code in step 2, so I ended up with Account A linked to Email 2.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Had EA Support call me. They told me both Email 1 and Email 2 have no completed accounts. Had to go to Origin to login to complete the account for them to see account details.

They told me Email 1 was connected to nothing. Email 2 was connected to Account A.

Currently when I login to Email 1, it loads up Account A. When I login to Email 2, it loads up Account A.

I have lost access to Account B.

EA Support told me on the phone that the cause of this problem is that I play on 2 accounts on a single device.

I have other accounts that I login/logout with on a frequent basis, and none have encountered this issue yet (fortunately).

The purpose of the disconnect/reconnect button is to allow switching to a different player account?

I would think the resolution isn't to "don't play 2 different accounts on the same device". It should be to avoid having catastrophic loss of an account using an in-game function of Disconnect/Connect email addresses to load other game/account progress.

EA Support told me from what they could see, they added Account A to Email 1, and Account B to Email 2, but me testing the login for those 2 emails did not have any changes (I suspect the place where they "add accounts" does not affect the Rivals server/gameplay, but could be some note for use in Origin or something else). I am currently still stuck where Email 1 loads Account A, Email 2 loads Account A, I cannot load Account B.

Message 1 of 4 (772 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @pinybtdo2slo thanks for reaching out. Playing multiple accounts on one device is always a bit risky even if you have done it successfully many times before. Once an account is associated to a different email, the other account is lost. If the game crashed when you entered the verification code, its unlikely you got to pick an account. There isn't much I can do for you from here, I can only recommend you get in touch with support again stating that you don't see Account B at all anymore. If you made purchases on Account B, support can likely grant you the value of those purchases to Account A for you to continue on the one account. 

Message 2 of 4 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reached out to support but I haven't spent cash on the game, so there's no reimbursement value to be had. I just find it strange that given I have both the email address and the lost account's ID information, there is no back-end way to reattach the 2 things together. There are more robust ways to prevent this situation, but it is time-costly. Eg. link 2 email addresses to each account, so you need to mess up a second time (before you reconnect the first email to the account) in order to truly lose the account.

Message 3 of 4 (706 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Grasshopper wrote:

Hey @pinybtdo2slo thanks for reaching out. Playing multiple accounts on one device is always a bit risky even if you have done it successfully many times before. Once an account is associated to a different email, the other account is lost. If the game crashed when you entered the verification code, its unlikely you got to pick an account. There isn't much I can do for you from here, I can only recommend you get in touch with support again stating that you don't see Account B at all anymore. If you made purchases on Account B, support can likely grant you the value of those purchases to Account A for you to continue on the one account. 

Is it possible for C&C Rivals to hold 2 accounts? I play on 2 accounts, and would like to switch them back and forth without wiping the app's data before switching to the other account. One actively being used would be nice, it would be like a game with multiple save files.

Message 4 of 4 (688 Views)