Re: Accidentally purchased a Crystal Item from the store when scrolling to Bronz

by sigsig3131

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidentally purchased a Crystal Item from the store when scrolling to Bronziums

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy s8+
OS Version 7.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 724-128-594
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I went to the store to claim a daily free Bronzium Data Card from the store. When I tried to scroll to the right, it opened one of the other pack offers (Imperial Reconnaissance Pack: Imperial Probe Droid) and I did not want to buy that, so I clicked the back button and instead of backing out it purchased the pack for 1,299 crystals (almost $10 worth). I opened a ticket and EA help has told me that they cannot reverse in-game purchases. I have requested an escalation as that seems like total BS to me.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the store and try to swipe over to the far right and you may open one of the other crystal sale items. Push the back arrow and it may charge you instead. I have only had this happen once, but I have had other items open more times than I can count.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

This issue could be resolved in two different ways that I can see. The first, and probably best way, is to have a confirmation popup with a confirm or cancel button before the purchase is made final. The second would be to move the Bronzium Data Card to the far left side of the store instead of having them on the far right, which requires you to scroll through everything else to get to them at least 5 times a day and generally more than that.

Message 1 of 7 (1,032 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidentally purchased a Crystal Item from the store when scrolling to Bronz

★★★ Newbie

That part is inconsequential, it is a phone app, there are any number of ways for a misclick to happen. The point is there needs to be a confirmation button or screen rather than just making the purchase. EA Help refunded 700 crystals for me, so I ended up paying 599 for the shards.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,107 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Contact EA support and attach screenshot, they will do a partial refund.

Message 2 of 7 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have already done this and I am waiting for a resolution now. I will post the results once I have a response. I still feel that putting a confirmation mechanism in for the crystal purchases would be beneficial for everyone.

Message 3 of 7 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Doesn't sound like a bug. Sounds like you accidentally clicked the wrong thing.

Message 4 of 7 (977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That part is inconsequential, it is a phone app, there are any number of ways for a misclick to happen. The point is there needs to be a confirmation button or screen rather than just making the purchase. EA Help refunded 700 crystals for me, so I ended up paying 599 for the shards.

Message 5 of 7 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So then submit it with your suggestion. You submitted this as a bug when hitting the back arrow, it made a purchase. Which would be a bug which obviously doesn't exist.

Message 6 of 7 (926 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed. I will submit this an product suggestion then.

Message 7 of 7 (918 Views)