by vol4life8657

Original Post

Accessible Routs

★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. WHen you select a passing play, and the players go to the line of scrimmage you can press the right trigger to bring up a list of routes. This is not accessible.
How is this making it more difficult? When playing without sighted help, this is an option that is absolutely useless to us. Most of the time, we are just guessing as to wich receiver is open, and this puts us at a huge disadvantage against other players, who can see there routes. Also, the same could be said for defensive coverage.
How can we reproduce this experience? Blind fold your developers, and have them try and figure out what rroutes go to where. Unless they have the entire 32 team playbook memorized, there is no way that this will happen. Hae them figure out what rout goes where, and complete at least 70 percent of there passes, without motifying the AI settings.

This is one of those otpions, that if you know routes you only need to look at occationally. However for the player who is blind, this would be very useful to have spoken. This would allow us to know what routes our recievers are running, and also allow us to figure out the timing. Also, on defense, having the  ability to know what the oposing offense is doing, would allow us to counter. This would even the playing field against our sighted counter parts.

Message 1 of 3 (1,020 Views)

Re: Accessible Routs

★ Apprentice

Agreed with this 100 percent. This would make things not only a lot easier, but also a lot more fun. Strategy adds depth to the game that just guessing will never have. Just my thoughts, though.

Message 2 of 3 (993 Views)

Re: Accessible Routs

★★ Apprentice

Football is all about the stradigy. If we are guessing we can't plan a plan of attack.

Message 3 of 3 (984 Views)