by 1_Mumbles_1

Original Post

Accessibility software conflicting with EA Anticheat

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Origin
Platform:PC
What game do you want to talk about? FIFA 23
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Unable to start up the game, as accessibility software results in false positive with EA AntiCheat
How is this making it more difficult? The game will not start
How can we reproduce this experience? Install Nuance Dragon dictation software on a machine, and attempt to start FIFA 23

Hi team,

After months of being unable to start the game FIFA 23 due to anticheat error (117), I have figured out what is causing the false positive for me.

I use 'Nuance Dragon' dictation software due to physical difficulties with typing, and on uninstalling it, FIFA 23 now loads up without any issues.

I have also been in touch with 2 other people (via FIFA PC subreddit) who have also encountered the same issue.

Unfortunately I really need this accessibility software for work so am unable to keep it uninstalled.

Please could this be passed upwards to the dev team responsible for the Anticheat software, so that this particular software can be whitelisted?

I've waited for a number of patches and updates, but this issue remains each time.

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 3 (2,202 Views)

Accessibility software causing issues with EA Anticheat

★★★ Apprentice

Hi team,

After months of being unable to start the game FIFA 23 due to anticheat error (117), I have finally figured out what is causing the false positive for me.

I use 'Nuance Dragon' dictation software due to physical difficulties with typing, and on uninstalling it, FIFA 23 now loads up without any issues.

I have also been in touch with 2 other people (via FIFA PC subreddit) who have also encountered the same issue.

Unfortunately I really need this accessibility software for work so am unable to keep it uninstalled.

Please could this be passed upwards to the dev team responsible for the Anticheat software, so that this particular software can be whitelisted?

I've waited for a number of patches and updates, but this issue remains each time.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3 (2,181 Views)

Re: Accessibility software causing issues with EA Anticheat

★★★ Novice
@1_Mumbles_1 same issue for me. I discovered the problem trying to use the Madden 24 beta. If the final version of Madden 24 continues to invoke anti cheat this will become a growing issue. I wonder if this might be an ADA violation
Message 3 of 3 (1,840 Views)