by BlindGamerUK

Original Post

Accessibility Issue: FiFA Games

★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX360
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: Accessibility Issue
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. The current player icon above a players head is too small. FIFA 18 light blue background colour doesn't offer much in terms of contrast compared to the rest of the screen content making everything hard to see and can cause eye strain.
How is this making it more difficult? When you can't see what player you are currently controlling because you can't see the icon you quickly lose the ball which can be very frustrating. When the background colour is light blue and the rest of the screen contents aren't high contrast enough then you can often get eye strain.
How can we reproduce this experience? Get someone like me with low vision to play the game.

I'm a legally blind (just 10% vision) gamer.

I thought I'd share with you my experience in recent years of playing EA's Fifa franchise and how it can be very frustrating along with my ideas on how to make a few adjustments.

I have often found it hard knowing which player has the ball because the marker above the control players head isn't very easy to see. Would it not be possible to either increase the size of it or have a circle around the player like you see in action replays on TV?

In FIFA games (eg FIFA 18)I've often found the background colour of the menus and screens (not the match) too bright and not enough contrast with the rest of the contents hard to deal with. Would it not be possible to have a high contrast setting so we could have menus and non match content easier to see?

Message 1 of 1 (1,069 Views)