Re: Abandoned raid counts against weekly maximum

by hunchew

Original Post

★ Guide
@GladOS-013 LMAO. If thats the definition of WAI, then what the heck is your definition of a BUG? Yes, the game is functioning as coded. However, the code is flawed. It doesn't account correctly for raids abandoned during join period and against the definition of what raid limits were designed to do. Anywhere else in the software world, this is a defect (bug).

Forums are a dumpster fire. Sadly there is no other place where technical issues can be discussed in a any civilized any more, this this report.
Message 11 of 14 (234 Views)

@hunchew A bug is when the devs coded the game to do one thing, yet it actually does something different.

For example, if they intended abandoned raids to NOT count against the limit, yet they did count, then it would be a bug. In this case it sounds like the devs intended for abandoned (or failed) raids to count against the weekly limit. That’s what it does. Therefore, it is WAI.

This is not a discussion about a technical issue - this is a part of the game that you don’t like, and you want to insist they change it. The QA support here will not put that in the system as a bug (because it’s not one), and the devs don’t come scan this board (afaik), so a discussion here about the pros and cons of this decision will not reach them.

If I had to guess, they decided that abandoned raids count because of the # of tickets required - the raid limits are based on the max tickets a player could use if they stayed in one guild - an abandoned raid still uses up those tickets. /shrug

★ Guide
@GladOS-013 no, this is a discussion about a technical issue. The issue is that a raid, abandoned during the join period consumes weekly tickets from each players total without giving anything in return.
I would have to go back over the time line of these features being introduced, but my gut feeling is that the join period was added after the ticket limit system was introduced and this edge condition, which is exactly what it is, slipped through the cracks.

I have no issues with raid locking when I actually get to attempt the raids. I, and I am sure others, will have an issue if you get locked because of stupidity of others without actually attempting to fight in a raid.
Message 13 of 14 (216 Views)

@hunchew If HighCommand checked with the Devs, and asked “are abandoned raids supposed to count towards the weekly total” and the answer was “Yes”, then there’s no technical issue.

Then it’s just how the game was designed.