Abandoned Penalty Even After my Whole Squad was Eliminated!

by thinkimbased

Original Post

Abandoned Penalty Even After my Whole Squad was Eliminated!

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? thinkimbased
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I died by train yard
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. The squad was eliminated, I never left, waited until I was spectating the other team before we left. Still received a abandon penalty!
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.09.20.04.18
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I received the abandon penalty even though my whole squad was eliminated! I did not leave but still got the penalty!
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play instead of having the penalty
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Please try to allow me to play before this abandon penalty is up! I did not leave a ranked game!

I was playing a ranked diamond match. I did not leave and my whole squad got eliminated. I went back to the lobby to see that I had an abandoned penalty and cannot play for a while. I am very frustrated because I did not even leave the ranked game. Please try to sort this out so I can play!

Message 1 of 3 (338 Views)

Re: Abandoned Penalty Even After my Whole Squad was Eliminated!

★★★ Newbie

After three days I still have not gotten an answer. Just spam emails for surveys relating to the topic. Feel like this issue/problem swept under the rug to be ignored. After reading about other people experience in the comments. I am figuring this is the least of my worries. Well, no more for me... I give up! On the title and EA Inc. Talk about an act of being cheated. Wow!

Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

Re: Abandoned Penalty Even After my Whole Squad was Eliminated!

★★★★★ Novice

This is still happening in Season 10. Just lost 48 RP as a result and with the lackluster matchmaking and the stacked squads it will take time to recover.

Thanks you a lot Respwan and while you're at it do something about all the cheaters

Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)